Re: [Star Trek Books] Upcoming Trek books

  • Trevor
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
      I wonder if "The Rings of Time" might be a sequel to Cox's 1998 book "Assignment: Eternity" and the framing story for the "Eugenics Wars" books?

      Trevor

      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "akinssr@..." <AKINSSR@...> wrote:

      > I too am glad to see Greg Cox has a new work coming and the Vanguard series as well - I really like the Vanguard books! I too will probably wait for the e-book Typhon Pact to come out in paper. I'm also glad to see some TOS novels - that will always be my sentimental favorite Trek stories and tv series. Wonder how and who decides on which novels will be reprinted? I have all but about five or six of the TNG novels from the first printings so I won't be getting any new reprints. It's good to have new Trek to look forward to! Reesa

    • Queco Jones
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
        I hope so. Those are some of my favorites.

        Conrado Bermúdez (aka Queco Jones)
        http://about.me/quecojones - Sent from my .

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
          I just found this tentative write-up on the book at Steve Roby's Complete Starfleet Library, and it looks like, right now, there is going to be no appearance by Gary Seven:

          http://www.well.com/~sjroby/lcars/2012.html

          Anyway, till the new books come out, I'm going to try to finish up John Peel's "Objective: Bajor" (I already put the book down once when I was at about Chapter 11, since I just found the book wasn't going anywhere fast), and maybe read Simon Hawke's "Romulan Prize". (Unfortunately, Hawke was one of the authors that Jeff Ayers wasn't able to interview for "Voyages of the Imagination", so there's no recollection anywhere that I can find by the author on this book or his one other Trek novel.)

          Trevor

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2011
            Objective: Bajor???

            What's that? I do not recall ever hearing this book.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2011
              I went into the archives for this one, since "Objective: Bajor" originally came out in June 1996 (most likely it was on store shelves in May 1996, even though the copyright page says June).

              http://www.well.com/~sjroby/lcars/1996.html#ds915
              http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Objective%3A_Bajor

              With "Objective: Bajor", a couple of characters that Peel created for Deep Space Nine #3 "Prisoners of Peace", make an appearance in the novel, such as Gul Gavron. It's kind of interesting how peel made a little bit of continuity between the YA and the regular Adult novel lines.

              Trevor