Fun with the SCE

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 22, 2011
      I've been (re-re-) reading the SCE stories right from the beginning. I'd
      been going to skip some but decided, what the heck I'll just re-read them
      *all* again. Some of them do sound familiar -- but since I've forgotten the
      details (about how Sarindar ends, for example) it's still fun & there's
      still plenty of suspense involved.

      The authors will be happy to know I've re-bought as well, since I'm reading
      them in Kindle form instead of the pbs I still have. At least I *hope* the
      authors get a cut.

      I figure it'll be a little while, but I'll get to the un-numbered ones that
      are newer & haven't (yet?) been collected in a combo-volume.

      Anyone else like the SCE as much as I do?
      bj
    • scott8688
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2011
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "bj" <bjones44@...> wrote:

        > I've been (re-re-) reading the SCE stories right from the beginning. I'd
        > been going to skip some but decided, what the heck I'll just re-read them
        > *all* again. Some of them do sound familiar -- but since I've forgotten the
        > details (about how Sarindar ends, for example) it's still fun & there's
        > still plenty of suspense involved.
        >
        > The authors will be happy to know I've re-bought as well, since I'm reading
        > them in Kindle form instead of the pbs I still have. At least I *hope* the
        > authors get a cut.
        >
        > I figure it'll be a little while, but I'll get to the un-numbered ones that
        > are newer & haven't (yet?) been collected in a combo-volume.
        >
        > Anyone else like the SCE as much as I do?
        > bj

        I myself have just started reading the S.C.E. books. As having never read any of them before. It is a fun, interesting series to read. Now at least I get to know where Sonya Gomez would up after spilling hot chocolate on Capt J L Picard.

        Right now currently on Interphase, Book 2. These books are such quick reads. Last 2 books I have read were Blind Mans Bluff and Children of the Storm, both interesting reads for me, esp Children of the Storm, as I really liked it a lot.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 22, 2011
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 22, 2011
            I liked them when I first discovered them on the RCA Rocket eBooks (anybody remember those?) a while ago. IIRC, that's when they started the series. I was so excited about the platform… finally, the future was starting to show up. What did I know? ;)

            I took a break from Trek books for a while after that and then I never got back into them. I might start reading them again once I get through my current list.

            Conrado Bermúdez (aka Queco Jones)
            http://about.me/quecojones - Sent from my .

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2011
              >The authors will be happy to know I've re-bought as well, since I'm reading
              >them in Kindle form instead of the pbs I still have. At least I *hope* the
              >authors get a cut.

              We get a cut from the collected editions, yes, so that's great. *grin*

              And glad you're enjoying the series! I'm quite proud of the work we
              did on that one.

              ---Keith
            • leroyholmesjr
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 27, 2011
                I loved the SCE books. Unfortunately, I only read them in paperback form and they just weren't being put out as often in that form. Didn't have an e-reader and don't have a kindle now. I'm holding on to the actual books, even though I know I will need to convert soon.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
                  According to Memory Beta, all but the last 8 stories -- un-numbered -- are
                  in the printed collections, which I also have. I'm just finding it easier to
                  read on the iPad, & not just on my exercycle. I'm about to start the
                  Foundations collection, just finished No Surrender this morning.

                  As I (re-re-) the stories, bits of them seem familiar, but since I don't
                  remember all the details or even what-comes-next in their lives, it's still
                  fun & never boring.

                  What's Past (with e-stories from 2006) just came out last year; maybe
                  (though there's no telling) the last batch (2006-7 stories) will be
                  collected in a print edition (or maybe two, since there are 8 of them.)
                  [does anyone have any info or rumors on this?]

                  I ain't lettin' go of any of my paper versions even if I also have them in
                  e-form! Not unless I need *serious* downsizing & by then I probably won't
                  care. :-)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
                    >What's Past (with e-stories from 2006) just came out last year; maybe
                    >(though there's no telling) the last batch (2006-7 stories) will be
                    >collected in a print edition (or maybe two, since there are 8 of them.)
                    >[does anyone have any info or rumors on this?]

                    Dunno what the plans are, but the final 8 stories have hefty word
                    counts, so they will likely be released in two trade paperbacks, one
                    with "Turn the Page," "Troubleshooting," "The Light," and "The Art of
                    the Comeback," with "Signs from Heaven," "Ghosts," and "Remembrance
                    of Things Past" (which was released as two eBooks) in another volume.

                    ---Keith
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 29, 2011
                      >What's Past (with e-stories from 2006) just came out last year; maybe
                      >(though there's no telling) the last batch (2006-7 stories) will be
                      >collected in a print edition (or maybe two, since there are 8 of them.)
                      >[does anyone have any info or rumors on this?]

                      Dunno what the plans are, but the final 8 stories have hefty word
                      counts, so they will likely be released in two trade paperbacks, one
                      with "Turn the Page," "Troubleshooting," "The Light," and "The Art of
                      the Comeback," with "Signs from Heaven," "Ghosts," and "Remembrance
                      of Things Past" (which was released as two eBooks) in another volume.

                      ---Keith

                      That's what I figured, just because it's *8* stories & the combos are
                      three or four each.

                      By then I'll probably have bought them all individually during my current
                      SCE-reading-binge.
                      :-)