Re: More Star Trek Book Questions

  • Allyn Gibson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23, 2011
      On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:59:46 -0500, Karen Lim wrote:

      > The Academy books cover both the original and JJverse version of ST? I
      > was referring to the JJverse.

      In the '90s, there were a number of young reader Starfleet Academy novels
      about various characters at the Academy. Those were all set in the
      "prime" timeline.

      The two recent books, THE DELTA ANOMALY and THE EDGE are set in the
      timeline of the 2009 film.

      > I remember there was a book written regarding what happened to the
      > three people from the 20th century Data found in cryogenic sleep on the
      > Next Generation. I just saw that episode again last night.

      There's not a book that covers all of them that I can recall. Ralph
      Offenhouse, the businessman, is a major character in DEBTOR'S PLANET.

      > Are the lists of ST books that have been mentioned before searchable?

      Memory Beta may be your best bet:

      http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

      Allyn
      --
      "Made of awesome and Guinness and bright shiny pennies..."
      http://www.allyngibson.net/

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2011
        >The Academy books cover both the original and JJverse version of
        >ST? I was referring to the JJverse.

        There were a series of YA TREK books back in the early 1990s. The
        TOS, TNG, and VOY ones covered various cast members while at the
        Academy. The DS9 ones were Jake and Nog adventures on the station.
        The first three TNG ones were by Peter David and focused on Worf's
        time at the Academy, and marked the first appearances of Zak Kebron,
        Mark McHenry, Soleta, and Tania Tobias, all of whom would later wind
        up in Peter's NEW FRONTIER series.

        >I remember there was a book written regarding what happened to the
        >three people from the 20th century Data found in cryogenic sleep on the
        >Next Generation. I just saw that episode again last night. Are the
        >lists of ST books that have been mentioned before searchable?

        Not exactly. We see all three of them =before= they died in the 20th
        century (in one case, =as= she dies) in THE EUGENICS WARS: THE RISE
        AND FALL OF KHAN NOONIEN SINGH by Greg Cox. And we do learn what
        happens to Ralph Offenhouse after "The Neutral Zone" in the TNG novel
        DEBTOR'S PLANET. (Offenhouse is also name-checked in the DESTINY
        trilogy and A SINGULAR DESTINY as the Federation Secretary of Commerce.)

        ---Keith
      • John Speelman
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2011
          try researching titles here:
          http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/series/

          some of what you may be looking might be found here:
          http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&profile_username=johnthebear&catc=3004000

          and I have some more recent acquisitions that I have not yet had time to get
          listed.
          If you want to list what you're looking for I can probably find them; it's a
          service I provide

          On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 2:59 PM, Karen Lim <karendome@...> wrote:

          > The Academy books cover both the original and JJverse version of ST? I was
          > referring to the JJverse.
          >
          > Also
          > I remember there was a book written regarding what happened to the
          > three people from the 20th century Data found in cryogenic sleep on the
          > Next Generation. I just saw that episode again last night. Are the
          > lists of ST books that have been mentioned before searchable?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Karen
          >
          > Yesterday, today was tomorrow, and tomorrow, today will be yesterday
          >
          > Yesterday, today was tomorrow, and tomorrow, today will be yesterday.

          John "The Bear" Speelman, Proprietor
          Turned Pages: Used Books & More
          http://turnedpages.ecrater.com
          and
          http://johnthebear.blujay.com
          eBay sales: username "turnedpages"

          Jack of All Trades, Master of...well, a few...

          Quantumvis cursum longum fessumque moratur sol, Sacro tandem carmine vesper
          adest.
          No matter how the sun may linger on its long and weary journey,
          at length evening comes, with its sacred song