"Soul Key" by Olivia Woods SPOILERS AHEAD

  • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011

      I just finished this novel and really enjoyed it but, as with just about any Trek story involving the mirror universe, my head hurts!!! At the end, am I correct in interpreting that Ghemor - the Cardassian daughter of Tekheny who was originally altered to look like Kira - became the Emissary of the Mirror Universe? And is the Intendent Kira from the mirror universe the Fire referred to at the gathering of the Ascendants?

      When I began "Fearful Symmetry" I consulted my DS9 companion to refresh my memory of the episode around which that novel was based so I pretty much kept things straight but boy sometimes things have a way of slipping away from me when the mirror universe is involved! Anyway - I really enjoyed the continuation of this story line and Olivia Woods did a great job keeping these characters so alive and so close to what the DS9 writers began but yet they've grown so much since the finale thanks to the talents of the various authors. Reesa

    • infinitydogalpha
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2011
        --- In AKINSSR@... wrote:

        > At the end, am I correct in interpreting that Ghemor - the
        > Cardassian daughter of Tekheny who was originally altered to
        > look like Kira - became the Emissary of the Mirror Universe?

        No, the alternate universe Iliana Ghemor -- who was *not* surgically altered -- became the Emissary in the alternate universe.

        > And is the Intendent Kira from the mirror universe the
        > Fire referred to at the gathering of the Ascendants?

        No, that's the Iliana Ghemor from the prime Star Trek universe, the one who had been altered to look like Kira but by the end of SOUL KEY has reverted to her original appearance.

        The original Intendant Kira in the mirror universe was killed by the Prime universe's Iliana Ghemor (then still altered and disguised as Kira) in my 2006 novel WARPATH.

        ~ David Mack
      • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2011
          Ah-ha! Thanks so much for clearing that up. I went back through Warpath and that helped refresh things. Reesa