Congrats To ....

  • leroyholmesjr
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010
      ....all of the writers, novelists and editors I saw this weekend in the Star Trek documentary on the "Biography" network. It was good to put some faces to the names of those I have corresponded, complimented, admired and even argued with. Hats off to KRAD, David R. George, David Mack, Marco, and anyone I may have missed. If it is an older show, it was my first time seeing it. Well, it couldn't have been that old because talked about about the latest Star Trek movie and the upcoming one in 2012. Thrusters on full!
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010
        >....all of the writers, novelists and editors I saw this weekend in
        >the Star Trek documentary on the "Biography" network. It was good to
        >put some faces to the names of those I have corresponded,
        >complimented, admired and even argued with. Hats off to KRAD, David
        >R. George, David Mack, Marco, and anyone I may have missed. If it is
        >an older show, it was my first time seeing it. Well, it couldn't
        >have been that old because talked about about the latest Star Trek
        >movie and the upcoming one in 2012. Thrusters on full!

        It's new -- Dave, Marco, and I did our interviews for it back in June
        of this year, and it premiered on the Bio channel this past
        Wednesday, the 3rd of November.

        I, for one, am very pleased with how it turned out!

        www.DeCandido.net | kradical.livejournal.com
        facebook.com/kradec | twitter.com/kradec

        Please discontinue using krad@... -- use either
        keith@... or krad@... moving forward.
      • leroyholmesjr
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010
          I thought it was great! Even my non-trekkie family watched the entire show with me. It was good to see DS9 and Captain Sisko get some recognition. Every time I talk Trek with someone & mention that DS9 is my favorite, they act like I blasphemed or something. To me. they had the best characters. Anyway, you all did great. I even saw a Star Trek novelist that I had never heard of...Geoffrey Thorne. Gotta look him up.

          > It's new -- Dave, Marco, and I did our interviews for it back in June
          of this year, and it premiered on the Bio channel this past Wednesday, the 3rd of November. I, for one, am very pleased with how it turned out!

          Keith R.A. DeCandido<
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010
            >I thought it was great! Even my non-trekkie family watched the
            >entire show with me. It was good to see DS9 and Captain Sisko get
            >some recognition. Every time I talk Trek with someone & mention that
            >DS9 is my favorite, they act like I blasphemed or something. To me.
            >they had the best characters. Anyway, you all did great. I even saw
            >a Star Trek novelist that I had never heard of...Geoffrey Thorne.
            >Gotta look him up.

            Geoff has written short stories for STRANGE NEW WORLDS, PROPHECY AND
            CHANGE, and DISTANT SHORES, and he wrote the TITAN novel SWORD OF
            DAMOCLES. These days, he's on the writing staff of the TV show LEVERAGE.

            www.DeCandido.net | kradical.livejournal.com
            facebook.com/kradec | twitter.com/kradec

            Please discontinue using krad@... -- use either
            keith@... or krad@... moving forward.
          • tkilyle
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
              Ah, man, I wish I would have know it was on. What was the title? Maybe I can search the DVR and record it if it's on again.

              --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "leroyholmesjr" <leroyholmesjr@...> wrote:

              > ....all of the writers, novelists and editors I saw this weekend in the Star Trek documentary on the "Biography" network. It was good to put some faces to the names of those I have corresponded, complimented, admired and even argued with. Hats off to KRAD, David R. George, David Mack, Marco, and anyone I may have missed. If it is an older show, it was my first time seeing it. Well, it couldn't have been that old because talked about about the latest Star Trek movie and the upcoming one in 2012. Thrusters on full!

            • Frances Coleman
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
                http://www.subspacecommunique.com/content/2010/11/02/new-star-trek-documentary-biography-channel-tomorrow-night-featuring-all-5-captai
                I can't find where you can watch it online but here is a write up and a preview. I don't have any TV. I can only watch something if it is online like Hulu or some of the channels websites.

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
                  >Ah, man, I wish I would have know it was on. What was the title?
                  >Maybe I can search the DVR and record it if it's on again.

                  It's a Biography Channel Special called "The Captains of the Final
                  Frontier." Unfortunately, they don't have a listed time for when it's
                  rerunning again, nor does it appear to be streaming on their web site yet. :(

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
                    >>Ah, man, I wish I would have know it was on. What was the title?
                    >>Maybe I can search the DVR and record it if it's on again.
                    >
                    > It's a Biography Channel Special called "The Captains of the Final
                    > Frontier." Unfortunately, they don't have a listed time for when it's
                    > rerunning again, nor does it appear to be streaming on their web site yet.
                    > :(

                    Well, if it's a Biog Ch special, it's bound to be repeated (more than once)
                    or they wouldn't get their money back on the project! It may also show up as
                    available for purchase in some fashion, as such things often (usually?) do.

                    If somebody does see that it's coming up or available *anywhere*, maybe send
                    us all an Alert? Please!?!
                    bj
                  • tkilyle
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 9, 2010
                      Ditto on that since I just checked Cablevision's listings and it's no showing again any time soon *sigh*