Re: Backstories & audiobooks

  • leroyholmesjr
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2010
      Yeah...Pathways and Mosaic are 2 of my favorites. "Best Destiny" tells the backstory of Kirk, "Imzadi" tells the story of how Riker and Troi met. There is a New Frontier book telling the back story of McKenzie and how Picard (I think) got him into starfleet, but I can't remember the title right now. It's been so long since I read a New Frontier book. Don't know if they are all available on audiobooks or not. Oh, "A Stitch In Time" tells the backstory of Garak got to be in the Obsidian Order and then stranded on DS9.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2010
        > Yeah...Pathways and Mosaic are 2 of my favorites. "Best Destiny" tells the
        > back story of Kirk, "Imzadi" tells the story of how Riker and Troi met.
        > There is a New Frontier book telling the back story of McKenzie and how
        > Picard (I think) got him into starfleet, but I can't remember the title
        > right now. It's been so long since I read a New Frontier book. Don't know
        > if they are all available on audiobooks or not.
        >
        >> I've been listening to some of the crew backstories -- currently nearly
        >> through with Pathways, with Mosaic on deck. Are there other books about
        >> other series/character/etc. that have this same idea of telling us "how
        >> they got there"? In Pathways, each story ends with the person meeting
        >> Voyager -- we know what happened after that!<

        I've read the NF book & may get it (again) in audio format. Best Destiny
        comes in cassette but I'm not up to ripping from that! but may put it on my
        exercycle/kindle list. :-)

        I'm just getting into First Adventure in audio & the second of the Section
        31 books on kindle.

        Strange, but I haven't been reading much in paper lately other than the
        daily news & some magazines & mail. These things go in cycles, just like the
        assortment of what I'm reading. :-)