Re: [Star Trek Books] Re: New releases?

  • John Speelman
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 4, 2010
      http://turnedpages.ecrater.com/p/8428975/worfs-first-adventure-by-peter

      The first book in the Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (TNG) series, directed
      mainly towards the young adult audience.
      Cadet Worf arrives at Starfleet Academy as the first Klingon to gain
      entrance since the Federation-Klingon, Peace Treaty. Raised on Earth by
      human parents, Worf wonders whether he is still a Klingon, the proud member
      of an honorable warrior race, or is he more human?

      Command-level classes fill his schedule, but nothing prepares him for his
      fellow cadets, among them his human foster brother. Intelligent, ambitious,
      and confident, the Academy cadets make life difficult for the young warrior.
      Worf must win over his classmates -- including the always logical Vulcans
      and the fierce Brikar -- even though they are still trained to think of him
      as the enemy.

      Then a routine trip to a training satellite turns into an unexpected
      disaster, and Worf must unite the cadets and risk his life before a terrible
      accident destroys the entire mission.

      On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 7:05 PM, Trevor <tomswift2002@...> wrote:

      > Well you should try to track down Star Trek The Next Generation Starfleet
      > Academy #1 "Worf's First Adventure", #2 "Line Of Fire" and #3 "Survival" all
      > by Peter David, as that trilogy acts as a prequel to the "Star Trek New
      > Frontier" series with Zak Kebron as Worf's volatile cabin mate, Soleta, Mark
      > McHenry and Tania Tobias as classmates.
      >
      > Trevor
      >
      > --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com <startrekbooks%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Kathy Agel <badkarma.one@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > From the right ups of the series so far it sounds like the new
      > > > Starfleet Academy books will be similar to the 1990's Starfleet
      > > > Academy/DS9 Young Adult books that were issued by Minstrel Books,
      > > > but possible aimed more at a Teen level comparable to the level the
      > > > old Hardy Boys Casefiles and Nancy Drew Files series (1986-1998) were
      > aimed at.
      > >
      > > I've been out of that demographic for close to 40 years....

      John "The Bear" Speelman, Proprietor
      Turned Pages: Used Books & More
      http://turnedpages.ecrater.com
      and
      http://johnthebear.blujay.com
      eBay sales: username "turnedpages"

      Jack of All Trades, Master of...well, a few...

      Quantumvis cursum longum fessumque moratur sol, Sacro tandem carmine vesper
      adest.
      No matter how the sun may linger on its long and weary journey,
      at length evening comes, with its sacred song

    • Kathy Agel
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 5, 2010
        At 08:05 PM 9/4/2010, you wrote:

        >Well you should try to track down Star Trek The Next Generation
        >Starfleet Academy #1 "Worf's First Adventure", #2 "Line Of Fire" and
        >#3 "Survival" all by Peter David, as that trilogy acts as a prequel
        >to the "Star Trek New Frontier" series with Zak Kebron as Worf's
        >volatile cabin mate, Soleta, Mark McHenry and Tania Tobias as classmates.

        I don't read the NF series -- and now there are too many for me to
        start in buying (there's that old 'living on a pension' bugaboo I
        have to deal with).