RE: [Star Trek Books] Star Trek Typhon Pact Zero Sum Game (other book descriptions)

  • Ian McFarlane
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2010
      Thanks Jason.

      I'm curious. Where did you get the Seize The Fire synopsis from?

      In regards to the DS9 tie ins, there are 2 obvious ones: Zero Sum Game and
      Rough Beasts of Empire. I am guessing that "Paths to Disharmony" might be a
      more loose tie-in because of the whole Andorian business.

      Too bad, there won't be any sign of these until late September at the
      earliest.

      I like to think that the 4 years for Sisko was just a rounding down from
      4.5.

      I think that the story lines will pick up in early to mid 2381 which is
      between 4 and 5 years after The Soul Key.

      I guess this means that in a few years we'll have a "DS9: Lost Years". :-P

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
        Thanks for these synopses, Jason. All these books sound like good reads; I
        am especially interested in 'Paths of Disharmony' as it continues an
        in-depth look into the Andorians. Though there is something in all of these
        for me, especially with the Gorn aspect of 'Seize the Fire' and the
        splintering of the Romulans in 'Rough Beasts of Empire'.

        I look forward to these coming out, but I'm currently re-reading the
        Vanguard series from 'Harbinger' (still need to get the SCE Vanguard short;
        'Distant Early Warning, wasn't it?) so I am up to speed for getting
        'Precipice'.

        Andy