Star Trek Typhon Pact Zero Sum Game

  • Trevor
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2010
      I was just over on Memory Beta and I noticed that someone has put up the cover art for the upcoming releases "What's Past" (SCE), "Nightshade" (TNG Reprint), "Star Trek Typhon Pact Zero Sum Game" (http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Zero_Sum_Game). Now then I haven't been able to find the covers on Simon & Schuster, Amazon or Chapters' sites to confirm, but I have been able to find the write-up for "Zero Sum Game" on those other sites.

      Looks like Bashir and Dax are going to be leading off the Typhon Pact.

      Trevor
    • Ian McFarlane
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2010
        Too bad, the Typhon books book won't be out till late September. :-P

        This will truly be the summer of a Trek wasteland in the wake of a Pocket
        Books decision to nix the new JJAbramsVerse Star Trek books.

        Fortunately I still have some stuff saved up like "The Romulan War" which
        I'm only half way through.

        iMac

        P.S. Not an awful lot of activity in this yahoo groups mailing list either
        come to think of it.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 29, 2010
          > Fortunately I still have some stuff saved up like "The Romulan War" which
          > I'm only half way through.

          Only *some*?
          :-)
          bj
        • Andrew Brown
          Message 4 of 6 , May 29, 2010

            > Too bad, the Typhon books book won't be out till late September. :-P
            >
            > This will truly be the summer of a Trek wasteland in the wake of a Pocket
            > Books decision to nix the new JJAbramsVerse Star Trek books.
            >
            > Fortunately I still have some stuff saved up like "The Romulan War" which
            > I'm only half way through.
            >
            > iMac
            >
            > P.S. Not an awful lot of activity in this yahoo groups mailing list either
            > come to think of it.

            Fortunately, I write my own too. :D

            Andy

          • Trevor
            Message 5 of 6 , May 30, 2010
              But also it appears that the Typhon Pact books are getting a little reordering, since I seem to recall that "Seize The Fire" was, for quite a while, being listed as the first book in the quadrology/tetraology, with "Zero Sum Game" being the 2nd book.

              Also on a related note, I was just over at the Simon & Schuster website, and the 2 Young Adult novels now have titles and #2 has been pushed back:

              Star Trek: Starfleet Academy:
              #1 The Delta Anomaly by Rick Barba (listed as being available in hardcover, Trade Paperback and Ebook, and being released on November 16, 2010)

              #2 The Competitive Edge by Rudy Josephs (Hardcover, Trade Paperback and Ebook to be released on January 4, 2011)

              I not sure if this means that the titles are still tentative for the Starfleet Academy books, but on the S&S website beside each title was, and this was in brackets, (W.T.). Anyone know if that is meant to indicate that the titles might be changed in the upcoming months? And these Starfleet Academy books sound like they are going to be as different from the 1990's Starfleet Academy books (and even the 1997 book based on the PC Game) as the Hardy Boys Casefiles were as different from the Hardy Boys Mystery Stories were back in the early 1990's, since this is the description that was under the "Delta Anomaly" title:

              'A new Starfleet Academy series for teens--filled with romance and adventure!'

              Trevor

              --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Ian McFarlane <mackiedoo@...> wrote:

              > Too bad, the Typhon books book won't be out till late September. :-P
              >

              > This will truly be the summer of a Trek wasteland in the wake of a Pocket
              > Books decision to nix the new JJAbramsVerse Star Trek books.
              >

              > Fortunately I still have some stuff saved up like "The Romulan War" which
              > I'm only half way through.
              >

              > iMac
            • Ian McFarlane
              Message 6 of 6 , May 31, 2010
                That's right. That is what I remember as well.

                I don't even see a synopsis of Seize the Fire.

                Zero Sum Game looks really good though.

                #1 The Delta Anomaly by Rick Barba (listed as being available in hardcover,
                Trade Paperback and Ebook, and being released on November 16, 2010)

                #2 The Competitive Edge by Rudy Josephs (Hardcover, Trade Paperback and
                Ebook to be released on January 4, 2011)

                <mailto:startrekbooks%40yahoogroups.com> , Ian McFarlane <mackiedoo@...>