Star Trek The Next Generation #45 Intellivore

  • Trevor
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2009
      I just recently picked this book up, and its a book that I've been wanting to read for a while since the cover is rather perculiar looking with Data seeming to be on drugs or as if he should be on the cover of "The Alien Ate My Teacher" or some book like that.

      Plus this book seems like it should belong in the "Stargazer" series since I've already "met" two characters who are mentioned to be old-Stargazer crewmates of Captain Picard.

      Trevor
    • Andrew Brown
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2009

        > I just recently picked this book up, and its a book that I've been wanting
        > to read for a while since the cover is rather perculiar looking with Data
        > seeming to be on drugs or as if he should be on the cover of "The Alien Ate
        > My Teacher" or some book like that.
        >
        > Plus this book seems like it should belong in the "Stargazer" series since
        > I've already "met" two characters who are mentioned to be old-Stargazer
        > crewmates of Captain Picard.
        >
        > Trevor

        This is a Diane Duane book and she is one of my favourite Trek authors. I
        really ejoyed this book; it had a very interesting concept, as well as the *
        Enterprise*-D working with fellow starships instead of solo.

        SPOILER

        SPACE

        DO

        NOT

        READ

        FURTHER

        IF

        YOU

        HAVEN'T

        READ

        THE

        BOOK

        AND

        WANT

        I also liked that after the U.S.S. *Oraidhe*'s crew is drained of their
        intellect, leaving behind living, mindless husks, they were thinking of
        recommissioning the ship with a different name or perhaps decommissioning
        her entirely, because of what happened to the crew.

        Andy