Details on STAR TREK Novels | New Novel Announced

  • devildogdoyle
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2009
      I had to delete BLACKCOATCOWBOY and replaced it with DEVILDOGDOYLE.

      --

      "Star Trek: Refugees" by Alan Dean Foster (25 May 2010)- Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise must decide if a group of refugees are a menace or misunderstood.

      "Star Trek: Seek a Newer World" by Christopher Bennett (29 June 2010)- Enterprise under attack escapes and discovers an entire civilization also hiding as is the ship. Kirk decides to find out what are they hiding from.

      "Star Trek: More Beautiful Than Death" by David Mack (27 July 2010)- Kirk leads a mission to Akiron, a dilithium rich world. Aboard is Spock's father, Ambassador Sarek, who is hoping to broker a Federation trade agreement.

      "Star Trek: The Hazard of Concealing" by Greg Cox (31 August 2010)- When the elder Spock surfaces from the future, will he be able to escape a sinister plan wrought by the enemies of the Federation, or will their quest to exploit Spock's knowledge succeed, with disastrous consequences?

      "Star Trek Online: The Needs of the Many" by Michael A. Martin (30 March 2010)- ???

      NOTE: Star Wars has had success with video game novel tie-ins (Shadows of the Empire, The Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, The Clone Wars, Republic Commando, Old Republic, Galaxies, X-Wing). Of these, Star Wars Galaxies is the only MMORPGs similar to Star Trek Online.

      http://bit.ly/6Vc5ji
    • BEVERLY HALL
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
        so glad to see Greg Cox back - his Eugenics War (W/Khan Noonien Singh) is not to be missed - I very much look forward to his new ST effort!

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
          Not to mention his appearance on the bonus features for Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan Director's Edition DVD set (not sure if it was transferred to the Blu-ray---I'll have to check).

          Trevor

          --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, BEVERLY HALL <beverlylhall@...> wrote:

          > so glad to see Greg Cox back - his Eugenics War (W/Khan Noonien Singh) is not to be missed - I very much look forward to his new ST effort!

        • Andrew Brown
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
            That trilogy was kinda odd. I really, really enjoyed the Gary Seven 20th
            Century first two books, but I found the post STII book to be very... blah.
            Generic. It fell flat for me, which was a shame as I did enjoy the first two
            so much.

            Andy

            2009/11/30 BEVERLY HALL <beverlylhall@...>

            > so glad to see Greg Cox back - his Eugenics War (W/Khan Noonien Singh) is
            > not to be missed - I very much look forward to his new ST effort!
            >
            > --- On Mon, 11/30/09, devildogdoyle <devildogdoyle@...<devildogdoyle%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            >
            > From: devildogdoyle <devildogdoyle@... <devildogdoyle%40gmail.com>>
            > Subject: [Star Trek Books] Details on STAR TREK Novels | New Novel
            > Announced
            > To: startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com <startrekbooks%40yahoogroups.com>
            > Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 2:39 AM
            >

            > I had to delete BLACKCOATCOWBOY and replaced it with DEVILDOGDOYLE.
            >
            > --
            >
            > "Star Trek: Refugees" by Alan Dean Foster (25 May 2010)- Captain Kirk and
            > the crew of the Enterprise must decide if a group of refugees are a menace
            > or misunderstood.
            >
            > "Star Trek: Seek a Newer World" by Christopher Bennett (29 June 2010)-
            > Enterprise under attack escapes and discovers an entire civilization also
            > hiding as is the ship. Kirk decides to find out what are they hiding from.
            >
            > "Star Trek: More Beautiful Than Death" by David Mack (27 July 2010)- Kirk
            > leads a mission to Akiron, a dilithium rich world. Aboard is Spock's father,
            > Ambassador Sarek, who is hoping to broker a Federation trade agreement.
            >
            > "Star Trek: The Hazard of Concealing" by Greg Cox (31 August 2010)- When
            > the elder Spock surfaces from the future, will he be able to escape a
            > sinister plan wrought by the enemies of the Federation, or will their quest
            > to exploit Spock's knowledge succeed, with disastrous consequences?
            >
            > "Star Trek Online: The Needs of the Many" by Michael A. Martin (30 March
            > 2010)- ???
            >
            > NOTE: Star Wars has had success with video game novel tie-ins (Shadows of
            > the Empire, The Force Unleashed, Clone Wars, The Clone Wars, Republic
            > Commando, Old Republic, Galaxies, X-Wing). Of these, Star Wars Galaxies is
            > the only MMORPGs similar to Star Trek Online.
            >
            > http://bit.ly/ 6Vc5ji

          • BEVERLY HALL
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 30, 2009
              It must have been a hard sell at first - okay - lets do an overview of the Eugenics War and mix Gary Seven into it - I thought it worked very well and I ended up interested and intrigued in both Khan - Never had been before - and Gary Seven - also never had been interested in him either - that entire episode was too disjointed for me and I didn't care for it at all.

              The way Cox wove the war into the current (past!) events on earth and Roberta and Isis'  parts were enjoyable and *believable* for me. I found myself wondering how Roberta's career went after the events of the war and there is a little nugget for Voyageurs - Sarah Silverman's character Rainn becomes Roberta's new recruit/mentee.  Really nicely done.  Call me a wankyfan but I love seeing the points of separation intersect!

              Not every author will tickle everyone's fancy but I thororoughly enjoyed the entire trilogy.