"A Singular Desstiny" and "Losing the Peace"

  • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2009
      Just finished both novels and really enjoyed them. Keith - I was soooo glad to see my favorite president - Nan Bacco - back in action in "A Singular Destiny." I like the way the story was structured to give a sort of "round the galaxy" update by using news reports and personal letters to demonstrate the extent and consequences of the Borg invasion. Seeing the small and large examples made it more real. I especially like the new character of Sonek Pran - he's a person of many layers. The Klingon storyline was also intriguing - I always like getting to see more of this culture. I have your Gorkon novels, Keith, and am looking forward to getting to them one of these days.

      As for "Losing the Peace" by William Leisner, I thoroughly enjoyed this one too! Again - the situations presented were real - such as the refugee camps and the need for supplies and other necessities of life all at once across the galaxy. It shows how easy it is for "civilized" people to turn against each other when their backs are to the wall. I suppose we all have that "dark' side to us although we like to think we could resist the urge to de-evolve - no one really knows unless he's put to the test. It was good to see Lt. T'ryssa Chen back again in this novel too. She's proving to be more than just a one note character and I'm enjoying getting to know her.

      I'm finding the last couple of years of Trek novels especially to be rich in character and storylines. The post- Nemesis TNG novels are not using the "reset" button at the end of each story and I like that. The characters and stories have really evolved greatly from TNG series. The same goes for the Post -finale DS9 novels.

      Anyway - congratulations gentlemen on two very well written novels!! Reesa

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2009
        Thanks so much, Reesa!

        ---Keith R.A. DeCandido,
        sent from my iPhone