"Rising Son" by S.D. Perry

  • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2009
      I have to say this is one of the best Star Trek stories I've ever read!! I came late to DS9 so I'm late to the post-finale novels. It tells what happened when Jake disappeared into the wormhole to search for his father.? Perry just does a great job at illustrating Jake's mixed emotions over his father's position as the Emissary and how that has affected his (Jake's) life. There's adventure and danger and a really lovely story. I was sad to see it end and Perry also does a great job of bringing Jake to life just as he was on the series. All the characters are multi-dimensional. A great read! Reesa

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2009
        I too really enjoyed "Rising Son".

        Perry did a fantastic job with her characterization of Jake.  I also enjoyed the way she told the story.  I like her writing style.

        Jackie

        I have to say this is one of the best Star Trek stories I've ever read!! I came late to DS9 so I'm late to the post-finale novels. It tells what happened when Jake disappeared into the wormhole to search for his father.? Perry just does a great job at illustrating Jake's mixed emotions over his father's position as the Emissary and how that has affected his (Jake's) life. There's adventure and danger and a really lovely story. I was sad to see it end and Perry also does a great job of bringing Jake to life just as he was on the series. All the characters are multi-dimensional. A great read! Reesa

      • Trevor
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 21, 2009
          Last time that I read this novel was in January 2003. At that time I wasn't all that up on what had occurred in the previous Season 8 novels. But I found the story to be really interesting---to read about a Star Trek character who was my age, or close to it. Plus then the scene with the room that couldn't exist but did.

          Trevor