Questions about "Losing the Peace"

  • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2009
      I just bought "Losing the Peace"? and was going to read it when I saw in the historian's note? at the beginning?that the story took place after the events in the Destiny novels. Do I need to read the Destiny books first before this one? Also - I was contemplating starting the Terok Nor trilogy but saw on the cover that it's a "saga of the Lost Era." So - do I need to read the Lost Era books first or does it mean the Terok Nor series takes place in the same time period. Thanks for any clarification. Reesa

    • Trevor
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 17, 2009
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, AKINSSR@... wrote:

        > I just bought "Losing the Peace"? and was going to read it when I saw in the historian's note? at the beginning?that the story took place after the events in the Destiny novels. Do I need to read the Destiny books first before this one? Also - I was contemplating starting the Terok Nor trilogy but saw on the cover that it's a "saga of the Lost Era." So - do I need to read the Lost Era books first or does it mean the Terok Nor series takes place in the same time period. Thanks for any clarification. Reesa

        With "Losing the Peace" it is really a good idea to read the "Destiny" trilogy, because "Losing the Peace" deals with the "aftershocks" of the events in those 3 books; sometimes they are personal issues with certain characters.

        As far as the "Terok Nor" trilogy you don't need to read any of the other "Lost Era" books. With the "Lost Era", even though the books are titled "Lost Era" the books are seperate stories that take all the bits and pieces that have been revealed in the episodes for The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager about what occurred in the 80 year gap between the opening scene aboard the Enterprise-B in "Star Trek Generation" and "Star Trek The Next Generation"'s "Encounter At Farpoint". Sometimes events do crossover into the different "Lost Era" books because the events were occurring at the same time, so a character mentions the other event, but the books are still stand-alone stories. (Two books that have events that are mentioned in both are "The Art Of The Impossible" and "Well of Souls" because TAOTI spans about 20 years telling one story, while WOS takes place during one year that just happens to be within the 20 years that TAOTI is set in.)

        Trevor
      • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2009
          Thanks a lot - that helps. Reesa