Vanguard: Open Secrets Review

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2009
      Jeff Ayers has reviewed the new book from Dayton Ward, Vanguard: Open Secrets giving the book 8 out of 10.

      http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/04/30/Book-Review-Star-Trek-Vanguard-Open-Secrets.shtml

      It still hasn't shown up in stores here yet, I'll have to look again next week.

    • Andrew Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2009
        Awesome! This review makes the story look pretty cool and the cover is
        simply gorgeous. It's my new background at work!

        When does it get released?

        Andy

        2009/5/1 Jackie Bundy <msferengi@...>

        > Jeff Ayers has reviewed the new book from Dayton Ward, Vanguard: Open
        > Secrets giving the book 8 out of 10.
        >

        > http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/04/30/Book-Review-Star-Trek-Vanguard-Open-Secrets.shtml
        >
        > It still hasn't shown up in stores here yet, I'll have to look again next
        > week.
        >
        > Jackie

        http://www.starbase23.net

        "A nation trying to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
        bucket and trying to pull himself up by the handles." - Sir Winston
        Churchill

        The Doctor: �Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink.�
        Mickey: �Wot�s that?�
        The Doctor: �No idea. Just made it up. Didn�t want to say �Magic Door�.�
        - Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

      • Father Robert Lyons
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2009
          Andy,

          You will find Open Secrets out and about now... though some retailers
          seemingly haven't gotten it yet.

          Rob+

          --
          Father Robert Lyons
          www.stellarcross.org

          "Too many people try to conform the Christian message to themselves instead
          of embracing the Christian message and letting it conform them to Christ."

          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2009
            From: "Father Robert Lyons" <fatherroblyons@...>

            > You will find Open Secrets out and about now... though some retailers
            > seemingly haven't gotten it yet.

            I got my copy after pre-ordering from Amazon.com months ago.

            I get most of my books, especially ST books, from Amazon/Amazon marketplace.
            The bookstores I have available are (a) not all that convenient (distance
            &/or parking issues) and (b) are spotty at best at having what I go in there
            looking for -- and I'm not about to special-order something to pick up at a
            store that's already inconvenient to go to *once*.

            I few years ago there was a neighborhood book store (closed up when the
            owner wanted to retire & couldn't find a buyer) and I did order things
            there -- *no* discounts, either -- because it was...a neighborhood
            store...and I do want to support them.
            bj
          • Kathy Agel
            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2009

              >You will find Open Secrets out and about now... though some retailers
              >seemingly haven't gotten it yet.

              There were only two left in the Barnes & Noble at Menlo Park Mall in
              Edison, NJ.