Re: Mere Mortals (Spoiler Alert) Kudos to Mr. Mack

  • David Mack
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2008
      --- "Paul Dicks" <cyclistpaul1@...> wrote:

      > Just one problem - where do I put this series on my book shelf? It
      > seems to follow after the last few Next Gen books, but with heavy
      > participation of the other titles, an argument could be made for
      > other spots as well. That's me, getting lost in the details.

      Paul,

      Thanks for your complimentary comments about the book; I'm glad you
      enjoyed it. As for where to shelve it?

      In terms of the TrekLit continuity, Destiny currently represents the
      far-forward edge of the shared literary continuity, in February 2381.
      It is set after the previous TNG post-Nemesis books, and after the
      first four Titan books. It is also four years after the current DS9
      post-finale books (currently set in January 2377).

      With regard to whether it should be shelved with one series as opposed
      to another, it does kind of stand on its own. I'd recommend starting a
      new meta-series category, because there are some books coming down the
      pike (such as Keith R.A. DeCandido's "A SINGULAR DESTINY") that will
      also be part of that hard-to-define category.

      Just my two cents.

      Thanks for reading, and for taking the time to share your comments.

      Best,
      David Mack