Another Welcome

  • Jacqueline Bundy
    Message 1 of 76 , Sep 12, 2008
      We're a popular place today and picked up a second new member. I'd
      like to welcome perrin_84 to the group.

      Whatcha been reading?

      Jackie
    • trevthurlow
      Message 76 of 76 , May 14, 2009
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, BEVERLY HALL <beverlylhall@...> wrote:

        > I  would like to add the Destiny Trilogy and A Singular Destiny are killer and Full Circle is great if you like Voyager.  Other great Voyager books are the String Theory trilogy, I would also read Homecoming, The Farther Shore and the Spirit Walk duo before Full Circle.  Greg Cox's Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh are really great if you like TOS era work too!  A whole galaxy of thrills and fun - so little time!

        Some of my favorites, and ones that I would recommend, of the Voyager novel line are: The Escape, Ragnarok, Violations, The Murdered Sun, Cybersong, The Garden, Chrysalis, The Black Shore, Echoes, Seven of Nine, Death of A Neutron Star, the Dark Matter Trilogy, Homecoming, The Farther Shore, Spirit Walk Book 1, Spirit Walk Book 2 & Full Circle. You should also check out the novelizations of Caretaker and Flashback. And I would recommend that you read William Shatner's novels "Spectre, Dark Victory & Preserver" that deal with the Mirror Universe (from the TOS episode 'Mirror, Mirror') and the Mirror Universe counterparts of the Voyager crew.

        But from other Trek series I would say:

        Any William Shatner Trek novels
        Reunion (TNG)
        The Entropy Effect (TOS)
        By The Book (Ent)
        Avatar Books 1 & 2 (DS9)
        Worf's First Adventure (TNG SA)
        Line of Fire (TNG SA)
        Survival (TNG SA)
        Being Human (New Frontier)
        Star Trek Titan
        Articles of the Federation
        Warchild (DS9)
        Saratoga (DS9)
        Millenium: The Fall of Terok Nor, The War of the Prophets, Inferno (DS9 trilogy)
        Grounded (TNG)
        Q-In-Law (a TNG classic)
        Masks (TNG)
        The Captain's Honor (TNG)