Myriad Universes Infinity's Prism

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 24, 2008
      Jeff Ayers has reviewed the first Myriad Universes volume INFINITY'S PRISM giving the book 9.5 out of 10.

      You can read the review (minor spoilers):

      http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/07/24/Book-Review-nbspStar-TreknbspMyriad-Universes-Infinitys-Prism.shtml

    • Father Robert Lyons
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 24, 2008
        As readers could probably take away from my reviews of the first volume, I
        disagree with Jeff, placing "Places of Exile" at the top of my list... In
        the second volume, it's hard to pick a favorite, because all three are just
        so interesting, but if I was forced to pick one, I think that "The Chimes at
        Midnight" would have to take the cake.

        I am definately looking forward to MyrU 3 next year, but, for now, it's time
        to dig into "Kobyashi Maru"!

        Rob+

        On 7/24/08, Jackie Bundy <msferengi@...> wrote:

        > Jeff Ayers has reviewed the first Myriad Universes volume INFINITY'S
        > PRISM giving the book 9.5 out of 10.
        >
        > You can read the review (minor spoilers):
        >

        > http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/07/24/Book-Review-nbspStar-TreknbspMyriad-Universes-Infinitys-Prism.shtml
        >
        > Jackie

        Father Robert Lyons
        www.stellarcross.org

        "Too many people try to conform the Christian message to themselves instead
        of embracing the Christian message and letting it conform them to Christ."

      • Ian McFarlane
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 25, 2008
          You have both Myriad Universes and Kobayashi Maru already?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 25, 2008
            Ian,

            I review books for TrekMovie.com, and since the next book on the schedule is
            Kobyashi Maru, I'm ready to dig in when it arrives.

            Rob+

            --
            Father Robert Lyons
            www.stellarcross.org

            "Too many people try to conform the Christian message to themselves instead
            of embracing the Christian message and letting it conform them to Christ."

          • Andrew Brown
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 25, 2008
              There is a new Kobayashi Maru out? You're not talking about the old one by
              Julia Ecklar?

              Andy

              2008/7/25 Father Robert Lyons <fatherroblyons@...>:

              > Ian,
              >
              > I review books for TrekMovie.com, and since the next book on the schedule
              > is
              > Kobyashi Maru, I'm ready to dig in when it arrives.
              >
              > Rob+
              >

              > --
              > Father Robert Lyons
              > www.stellarcross.org
              >
              > "Too many people try to conform the Christian message to themselves instead
              > of embracing the Christian message and letting it conform them to Christ."

              http://www.starbase23.net

              "A nation trying to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a
              bucket and trying to pull himself up by the handles." - Sir Winston
              Churchill

              The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
              Mickey: "Wot's that?"
              The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
              - Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 25, 2008
                Book reviewers typically get sent the books early.  Kobyashi Maru (the new one) is not out in stores yet.

                Jackie

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 25, 2008
                  Andy,

                  Indeed there is a new KM coming out, in the Star Trek: Enterprise series.
                  It continues the Relaunch storyline that Martin and Mangels have been
                  writing. It is the September release, which means it will probably start
                  showing up in stores during the last week or so of August, depending on your
                  bookseller.

                  Rob+

                  --
                  Father Robert Lyons
                  www.stellarcross.org

                  "Too many people try to conform the Christian message to themselves instead
                  of embracing the Christian message and letting it conform them to Christ."

                • trevor thurlow
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 26, 2008
                    It's a new one, and its suppose to, from what's been said at Simon & Schuster's website, and on here, start the Earth-Romulan war that Spock mentioned in the TOS episode "Balance Of Terror".

                    Of couse, Julie Ecklar's book was a really great book about Kirk, Chekov, Sulu and Scotty's time at the Academy and their own Kobayashi Maru experiences. I liked Chekov's where he just blew up the ship.

                    Trevor 1c. Re: Myriad Universes Infinity's Prism> Posted by: "Andrew Brown" scottish.andy76@... kusanagi1481> Date: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 am ((PDT))> > There is a new Kobayashi Maru out? You're not talking about the old one by> Julia Ecklar?> > Andy
                  • trevor thurlow
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 30, 2008
                      I just received my copy of "Myriad Universes Infinity Prism" yesterday and already I'm about 70 pages into "A Less Perfect Union".

                      SPOILERS BELOW

                      The story takes place after the events of the Enterprise episodes "Demon/Terra Prime", albeit after a different set of circumstances had taken place. Instead of Archer and crew saving Earth and the peace talks, Paxton managed to destroy Starfleet Headquarters in San Francisco (causing HQ to move to Geneva). The talks for the Coalition of Planets broke down, and then the Vulcans, Andorians, Tellarites and Coridians formed their own Coalition, with Earth becoming an Isolationist planet.

                      Thirty years before the story, Earth and the Coalition joined forces to beat the Klingons back into their area of space before they could conquer the entire Alpha Quadrant. During that time humans were not afraid to fight next to Vulcans, Tellarites, Andorians and Coridians, but then afterwards, everything went back to the before the Klingon War. Humans didn't trust aliens.

                      Thirty years later, after being nearly crippled by an Orion attack, the Enterprise, under the command of Christopher Pike, with recently widowed first officer Jim Kirk, Chief Engineer Scott, Helmsman Alden and Dr. Leonard McCoy, limps home to Earth at Warp 2, whereupon, Captain Pike is called to Starfleet HQ. While their, Pike meets with Admiral Kosmach, Fleet Admiral Garth and Earth Prime Minister Carter Winston for an official debriefing, but an unofficial meeting. At this "unofficial" meeting, Captain Pike is ordered to head for Coalition territory to petition for membership in the Coalition. But it is also recommended that he take a 176 year-old T'Pol, the last surviving crewmember of Jonathan Archer's Enterprise (with the second last Enterprise officer, Elizabeth Cutler, having passed away a month before the story opens in her 147 year), to the meeting to help "smooth" over relations and to help people remember what Jonathan Archer was fighting for a century before.