New DS9 books

  • Ian McFarlane
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2008
      I was recently on vacation and used my downtime to finish the Terok Nor
      trilogy. I still think that James Swallow's was the best of the bunch but
      the 2nd 2 were definitely o.k. reads and made me want to re-examine certain
      DS9 TV episodes later in the summer. I realized that I'd forgotten about a
      bunch of them!

      I picked up FearFul Symmetry earlier in the week and my goodness! It is so
      good!

      I know it's short but maybe that heightens the intensity of the read. Dunno.
      I'm still on the "Kira" section but I'm sure the "Ghemor" section will be
      great too.

      I guess that the main part of the Kira story is taking place in late 2376 or
      very early 2377?

      Olivia Woods is an unknown quantity to me but she has a very brisk, well
      paced style (if that makes any sense). The book once again has that air of
      what I like to call "Starfleetiness" about it and it's got all our favorite
      characters in it.

      Good stuff so far.

      Now I cannot wait for the Kobayashi Maru and "Greater than the sum of their
      parts" books later in the summer.

      Does anyone have a rough idea of when the next DS9 books will be published
      next year? Late 2009?

      I. Mac.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2008
        >I guess that the main part of the Kira story is taking place in late 2376 or
        >very early 2377?

        The latter. OLYMPUS DESCENDING took place at the very end of 2376, with WARPATH taking us into the new year.

        >Does anyone have a rough idea of when the next DS9 books will be published
        >next year? Late 2009?

        There will likely be an announcement at Shore Leave in July, but the soonest we could possibly see it is June 2009, since all the mass-market paperback slots between now and May 2009 are taken.

        www.DeCandido.net
        kradical.livejournal.com

        "Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk"
        ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"
      • Ian McFarlane
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 27, 2008
          Thanks for the confirmations Keith.

          That's about what I was thinking.

          Good stuff.

          I.Mac.

          >I guess that the main part of the Kira story is taking place in late 2376
          or
          >very early 2377?

          The latter. OLYMPUS DESCENDING took place at the very end of 2376, with
          WARPATH taking us into the new year.

          >Does anyone have a rough idea of when the next DS9 books will be published
          >next year? Late 2009?

          There will likely be an announcement at Shore Leave in July, but the soonest
          we could possibly see it is June 2009, since all the mass-market paperback
          slots between now and May 2009 are taken.

          Keith R.A. DeCandido
          keith@decandido. <mailto:keith%40decandido.net> net