was talking

  • Richard Rattie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2008
      I was talking to a used book seller while on vacation in Tillamook, Oregon. She was telling me that she has been seeing a surgent in the sales of the old star trek novels these days. Alot of the older books are moving off the shelves. To give you an idea: was at a Thrift Store and found The Official Star Trek Cooking Manual compiled by Mary Ann Piccard from the logbook of Nurse Christine Chapel talk about a blast from the past.

      Rick

      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 8:34 AM
        --- Richard Rattie <rick2646@...> wrote:

        > I was talking to a used book seller while on
        > vacation in Tillamook, Oregon. She was telling me
        > that she has been seeing a surgent in the sales of
        > the old star trek novels these days. Alot of the
        > older books are moving off the shelves. To give you
        > an idea: was at a Thrift Store and found The
        > Official Star Trek Cooking Manual compiled by Mary
        > Ann Piccard from the logbook of Nurse Christine
        > Chapel talk about a blast from the past.

        I am not at all surprised to hear that.

        I've talked with some folks who are missing Star Trek
        and trying the books for the first time.