Alternate universe books

  • Matthew Goff
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2008
      the 2 alternate universe books that were released. I read the first one which is Glass Empires. I have not gotten the 2nd book (Obsidian alliances) yet because from what little I have read, the DS9 story perhaps follows A story line in DS9 book Warpath in which the Jem'Hadar on the station whom Odo sent there goes berserk, because of being in contact with Intendant Kira from the other universe.

      Did I get that right? I am way behind in reading the ds9 relaunch series. the last one I read was half way through S.D.Perry's Unity, and only half way through that.

      My question is: Are there any ds9 relaunch books after Unity that I really should read in order to understand the events the DS9 story within the Obsidian Alliances ?

      When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
      -Jimi Hendrix

    • Bill Leisner
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2008
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Goff <M_I_Goff@...> wrote:

        > I have not gotten the 2nd book (Obsidian alliances) yet because
        from what little I have read, the DS9 story perhaps follows A story
        line in DS9 book Warpath in which the Jem'Hadar on the station whom Odo
        sent there goes berserk, because of being in contact with Intendant
        Kira from the other universe.

        > Did I get that right?

        No... the DS9 story in OBSIDIAN ALLIANCES (SATURN'S CHILDREN) takes
        place before the events of WARPATH -- if I'm not mistaken, it takes
        place in the later half of DS9 season 7, so no need to worry about
        the "relaunch" books.
      • Ian McFarlane
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2008
          Glass Empires and Obsidian Alliances can be read independently of the DS9
          re-launch.

          Really some quite dark, dark material but very well written.

          Sarah Shaw's DS9 story was among the best of the lot and she's a relative
          newcomer.

          I. Mac

[...]

          yahoo.com/group/AdPro_Recipe_Traders/

        • trevor thurlow
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1 3:45 PM
            The story in "Saturn's Child" continues the Mirror Universe story that was started in 1967 in the second season of the original Star Trek show. Then, in 1994, Deep Space Nine revisited that universe in the DS9 season 2 episode "Crossover". In every season after Deep Space Nine's season 2, the crew visited the Mirror Universe at least once per season. Their last on camera visit to the Mirror Universe occured in the Season 7 episode, "The Emperor's New Cloak". "Enterprise" the series visited the Mirror Universe in its last season in the two-part episode many fans consider the top Enterprise episode produced, "In A Mirror Darkly Parts 1 & 2".

            Trevor3a. Alternate universe books> Posted by: "Matthew Goff" M_I_Goff@... M_I_Goff> Date: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:04 am ((PDT))> > the 2 alternate universe books that were released. I read the first one which is Glass Empires. I have not gotten the 2nd book (Obsidian alliances) yet because from what little I have read, the DS9 story perhaps follows A story line in DS9 book Warpath in which the Jem'Hadar on the station whom Odo sent there goes berserk, because of being in contact with Intendant Kira from the other universe. > > Did I get that right? I am way behind in reading the ds9 relaunch series. the last one I read was half way through S.D.Perry's Unity, and only half way through that. > > My question is: Are there any ds9 relaunch books after Unity that I really should read in order to understand the events the DS9 story within the Obsidian Alliances ? > > > > When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. > -Jimi Hendrix
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2 12:19 AM