RE: [Star Trek Books] A Burning House

  • Ian McFarlane
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 19, 2008
      I just finished "A Burning House" today myself.

      Definitely an enjoyable read but I found myself reacting viscerally to
      certain things that the Klingon characters did that made me think that these
      were not guys I'd hang around with Federation ally or no. There are some
      interesting dichotomies raised in the book.

      Good read.

      I also look forward to starting on "Day Of the Vipers" which I found at a
      Manhattan bookstore this afternoon.

      Good solid thick 500+ page trek book. Looks promising. :-)

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 19, 2008
        >Good read.

        Thankee kindly!

        www.DeCandido.net
        kradical.livejournal.com

        "Americans are a stupid people, by and large -- we pretty much
        believe whatever we're told."
        ---Detective Ed Norris, THE WIRE, 6 January 2008
      • Kevin Burgess
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 21, 2008
          I've just started this book. It's great, so far...

          Does this mean the IKS Gorkon ship books are finished? Will the Empire
          books be open to other authors? I've always liked your work Krad, but
          there are others who have also made major contributions to our view of
          what it means to be Klingon.

          In liew of new SCE, Klingon stories are a great alternative.

          Qor'etlh
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 21, 2008
            >Does this mean the IKS Gorkon ship books are finished? Will the Empire
            >books be open to other authors? I've always liked your work Krad, but
            >there are others who have also made major contributions to our view of
            >what it means to be Klingon.

            We just changed the name of the series in order to widen the focus.
            At the moment, it's still my "series," though I hesitate to even call
            it that because there's no guarantee of another book. If ABH does
            well, then they'll consider doing another.

            Glad you liked it!

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 22, 2008
              > We just changed the name of the series in order to widen the focus.
              > At the moment, it's still my "series," though I hesitate to even
              > call it that because there's no guarantee of another book.

              Good idea, and yes: that's a good move.

              > If ABH does
              > well, then they'll consider doing another.

              It should. I bought it in a bookstore first, then again when it hit
              the 'bestsellers' rack at Wally World(Wal*Mart)!