Re: [Star Trek Books] Star Trek: Academy?

  • jamestkirksgirl
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Kacs Spock <kacsspock1221@...>
      wrote:

      > T.J.
      >
      > I have the book and it was pretty good. A quick read for me-
      took about 2 days. Interesting start to the book- but once it got
      going it really felt like the original characters. If you like TOS
      and especially a back story on the Kirk and Spock charaters, I think
      you will enjoy it. Kirk's brother and father make an appearence. As
      does Sarek, Amanda, Captain Pike, the big E, and Finnigan!
      > Plus, there are some references to "Enterprise" series as well. I
      think it worth picking up. Though if you don't like to wait for the
      next part of the story, it may not be to you liking. The story will
      be continued in another book!:) But, I still enjoyed it a lot!:)
      > Hope that helps without giving to much away to you. If I did it
      might spoil it for you.
      > Kacs
      > "T. J. Harrington" <t_anna_kirk@...> wrote:
      > Hi; has anyone read this new book by William Shatner? Is
      it any good?
      > Any thoughts; on it? Whether it's worth buying or not; I'll have to
      get
      > it for my collection.

    • jamestkirksgirl
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
        I am reading Academy at the moment and it is very good, I'd rate it 4
        stars out of 5. It's my opinion that many of the "negative" reviews
        stem from what has become a hobby of many-Shatner bashing.
        Many go into the book with the preconception that this "Shatnerverse"
        so it must be crap. Not so. And of course the on going slander
        taht "he really does not write much of anything of these books"...I
        find that offensive sine no one knows exactly what percentage of
        input he 'does' put into his books. Those who would argue that the
        Kirk-Spock characters are not what they should be, well it must we do
        not know what these characters were in thier youth, so that argument
        is moot. I find the characters to fit well with how these men matured
        int who they became, and how events in thier youth formed thier
        character. Just my opinion.

        wrote:

        > T.J.
        >
        > I have the book and it was pretty good. A quick read for me-
        took about 2 days. Interesting start to the book- but once it got
        going it really felt like the original characters. If you like TOS
        and especially a back story on the Kirk and Spock charaters, I think
        you will enjoy it. Kirk's brother and father make an appearence. As
        does Sarek, Amanda, Captain Pike, the big E, and Finnigan!
        > Plus, there are some references to "Enterprise" series as well. I
        think it worth picking up. Though if you don't like to wait for the
        next part of the story, it may not be to you liking. The story will
        be continued in another book!:) But, I still enjoyed it a lot!:)
        > Hope that helps without giving to much away to you. If I did it
        might spoil it for you.
        > Kacs
        > "T. J. Harrington" <t_anna_kirk@...> wrote:
        > Hi; has anyone read this new book by William Shatner? Is
        it any good?
        > Any thoughts; on it? Whether it's worth buying or not; I'll have to
        get
        > it for my collection.

      • Kacs Spock
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007