Re: [Star Trek Books] Kat's Question & Jackie's Comment

  • menes@gothboy.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hey Kat ;-0)

      I'm pretty sure that you misunderstood Jackie's comment. Or maybe I'm just
      wacky. No judgments here! ;-0)

      Your comment wasn't spam-like, or off-topic as far as Trek goes. What I
      believe she meant, was that if you're replying to a thread that's about "The
      Sky's The Limit" - like this one was, and your response is about something
      different than that - or where the topic in question is less the center of
      the question - then you should change the subject line (like I did here), so
      that people will know what your post is about, and they can read the ones
      about the topics they want to read. I'm sure that's all she meant, and if
      you go back and read her comment it wasn't meant as anything negative; just
      a reminder.

      All Trek questions are fair game here in my experience. If I misunderstood
      any of that, then the fault is completely mine.

      Bald Jason
      http://www.gothboy.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2007
        --- menes@... wrote:

        > Hey Kat ;-0)
        >
        > I'm pretty sure that you misunderstood Jackie's
        > comment. Or maybe I'm just
        > wacky. No judgments here! ;-0)
        >
        > Your comment wasn't spam-like, or off-topic as far
        > as Trek goes. What I
        > believe she meant, was that if you're replying to a
        > thread that's about "The
        > Sky's The Limit" - like this one was, and your
        > response is about something
        > different than that - or where the topic in question
        > is less the center of
        > the question - then you should change the subject
        > line (like I did here), so
        > that people will know what your post is about, and
        > they can read the ones
        > about the topics they want to read. I'm sure that's
        > all she meant, and if
        > you go back and read her comment it wasn't meant as
        > anything negative; just
        > a reminder;

        Exactly. Since your reply changed the subject, if you
        could just indicate that in the subject line so that
        it is clear what subject is being discussed.

        Everyone forgets to do it once in a while, I know I'm
        certainly guilty, just a reminder that it helps keep
        what's actually under discussion clearer.

        Hope that clarifies things,
        Jackie
      • Kathleen Morey
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2007
          My comments about spam were directed towards Kenn who originally made the remark. I was not upset at Jackie, I probably should have changed the subject line. No harm no foul. Kat:)