Re: [Star Trek Books] Another Welcome/Seeing Members of ST Voyager on other shows

  • Kathleen Morey
    Message 1 of 76 , Sep 11, 2007
      Good for Tuvok and 7of9! It is always good to see our favorite Star Trek people continue on in their profession! I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction between Janeway and 7of9! Kat:)

      don hallenbeck <photoman_flash@...> wrote: Hi, Gang, Saw Tuvok on Disney's Hannah Montanna This wekend playing a Dr. & on the New iCarly show on Teen Nick as the School Princapal. I see 7 of 9 is expecting her 1st child & staying on the CBS Series Shark as a Lawyer( Last yr. she was the D.A., But lost the Nov. elections to someone else.), an ADA.
      Don H.

      menes@... wrote:
      I welcome all the new peeps as well. ;-0) This is a great community,
      though it's been kind of slow of late. I'm sure it will pick up again soon,
      and when that happens it's a truly great place to be! ;-0)

      Bald Jason

      Message 76 of 76 , May 14, 2009
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, BEVERLY HALL <beverlylhall@...> wrote:

        > I  would like to add the Destiny Trilogy and A Singular Destiny are killer and Full Circle is great if you like Voyager.  Other great Voyager books are the String Theory trilogy, I would also read Homecoming, The Farther Shore and the Spirit Walk duo before Full Circle.  Greg Cox's Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh are really great if you like TOS era work too!  A whole galaxy of thrills and fun - so little time!

        Some of my favorites, and ones that I would recommend, of the Voyager novel line are: The Escape, Ragnarok, Violations, The Murdered Sun, Cybersong, The Garden, Chrysalis, The Black Shore, Echoes, Seven of Nine, Death of A Neutron Star, the Dark Matter Trilogy, Homecoming, The Farther Shore, Spirit Walk Book 1, Spirit Walk Book 2 & Full Circle. You should also check out the novelizations of Caretaker and Flashback. And I would recommend that you read William Shatner's novels "Spectre, Dark Victory & Preserver" that deal with the Mirror Universe (from the TOS episode 'Mirror, Mirror') and the Mirror Universe counterparts of the Voyager crew.

        But from other Trek series I would say:

        Any William Shatner Trek novels
        Reunion (TNG)
        The Entropy Effect (TOS)
        By The Book (Ent)
        Avatar Books 1 & 2 (DS9)
        Worf's First Adventure (TNG SA)
        Line of Fire (TNG SA)
        Survival (TNG SA)
        Being Human (New Frontier)
        Star Trek Titan
        Articles of the Federation
        Warchild (DS9)
        Saratoga (DS9)
        Millenium: The Fall of Terok Nor, The War of the Prophets, Inferno (DS9 trilogy)
        Grounded (TNG)
        Q-In-Law (a TNG classic)
        Masks (TNG)
        The Captain's Honor (TNG)