Re: [Star Trek Books] ***SPOILERS*** TNG: RESISTANCE, Deleted Scenes, and Canon ***SPOILERS***

  • blackcoatcowboy
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
      Who was the interim/temporary first officer between NEMESIS/Riker and
      RESISTANCE/Worf? An Enterprise officer? An officer from Starfleet?

      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Keith R.A. DeCandido"
      <krad@...> wrote:

      >Was CMDR Madden ever mentioned in any of the novels besides NEMESIS?
      >Do we have a time period Resistance takes place in? Wasnt Worf's next
      >assignment to be as a Federation Ambassador?

      Nope. Nor should he have been. That scene was deleted for a reason.

      Worf was made Federation Ambassador to the Klingon Empire at the end
      of DS9, but that was four years prior to NEMESIS.

      For the story of how Worf winds up back in Starfleet and back on the
      Big E after his diplomatic career, check out my novel A TIME FOR WAR,
      A TIME FOR PEACE.

      www.DeCandido.net
      kradical.livejournal.com

      "Let's look death in the face and say, whatever, man."
      ---Hurley, LOST, 28 February 2007
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
        >Who was the interim/temporary first officer between NEMESIS/Riker and
        >RESISTANCE/Worf? An Enterprise officer? An officer from Starfleet?

        There isn't one.

        www.DeCandido.net
        kradical.livejournal.com

        "Let's look death in the face and say, whatever, man."
        ---Hurley, LOST, 28 February 2007
      • Ian McFarlane
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2007
          Should be also interesting to meet the new tactical and operations officers
          too!!

          Can't believe that this is going to be the first REAL Enterprise E story
          after Nemesis.

          Death In Winter I viewed as an interesting interlude. One thing that annoyed
          me about Death In Winter is that it was advertised as a book where a major
          and familiar character would die.

          What major character died in that book that was familiar to TNG fans? There
          was just that Romulan dude.

          >Who was the interim/temporary first officer between NEMESIS/Riker and
          >RESISTANCE/Worf? An Enterprise officer? An officer from Starfleet?

          There isn't one.

          Keith R.A. DeCandido
          keith@decandido. <mailto:keith%40decandido.net> net