Just finished "Harbinger"

  • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 25, 2007
      What a great series debut!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am glad I have the next two so I won't have to wait to see what happens next on Vanguard.  The characters are realistic and multi-dimensional and I'm especially intrigued by Lt. Commander T'rynn's daily struggle against the hostile katra of her former intended.  David Mack  has crafted a terrific new Trek world to enjoy. In addition - I LOVE the cover art and the station diagram included in the novel was really helpful.   While reading about the author in the back of the novel - I saw where he worked on the story treatment for the DS9 ep, "It's Only a Paper Moon" which was one of my favorites!!! Reesa

    • David Mack
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 25, 2007
        Reesa,

        I'm glad you enjoyed "Harbinger" and that you were a fan of the DS9
        episode "It's Only a Paper Moon." I think that if you liked
        "Harbinger," you're going to enjoy "Summon the Thunder" and "Reap the
        Whirlwind" even more.

        Thank you for reading and for sharing your comments. It's much
        appreciated.

        Best,
        David Mack

        --- AKINSSR@... wrote:

        > What a great series debut!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am
        glad I have the next two so I won't have to wait to see what happens
        next on Vanguard.

        > The characters are realistic and multi-dimensional and I'm
        especially intrigued by Lt. Commander T'Prynn's daily struggle
        against the hostile katra of her former intended.

        > David Mack has crafted a terrific new Trek world to enjoy. In
        addition - I LOVE the cover art and the station diagram included in
        the novel was really helpful.

        > While reading about the author in the back of the novel - I saw
        where he worked on the story treatment for the DS9 ep, "It's Only a
        Paper Moon" which was one of my favorites!!! Reesa
      • Kathleen Morey
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
          Hey, has anybody been watching "Enterprise" reruns on Sci-Fi? They just restarted all 4 seasons. Every Monday from 7-11. I finally got the whole series from season to season and I really enjoyed all 4 seasons. I am sorry I missed so much of it the first time around! I, too loved DS9! Kat

          David Mack <davidmack@...> wrote: Reesa,

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
            I haven't been watching the "Enterprise" repeats but did see all four seasons during its first run. I too enjoyed this show overall. I didn't always like some of the storylines but in the third and fourth seasons it really hit its stride and I hated to see it end. As for DS9 - oh boy I just fell in love with that show when I watched it on dvd!! Reesa

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 27, 2007
              I think I even missed just about the season with the expanse. I really feel more of a connection to "Enterprise" since I have now seen consecutively all 4 seasons! DS9 was just cool!! I wish they had made movies of that series!! Kat

              AKINSSR@... wrote: I haven't been watching the "Enterprise" repeats but did see all four seasons during its first run. I too enjoyed this show overall. I didn't always like some of the storylines but in the third and fourth seasons it really hit its stride and I hated to see it end. As for DS9 - oh boy I just fell in love with that show when I watched it on dvd!! Reesa

              --- AKINSSR@... wrote:

              > What a great series debut!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am
              glad I have the next two so I won't have to wait to see what happens
              next on Vanguard.

              > The characters are realistic and multi-dimensional and I'm
              especially intrigued by Lt. Commander T'Prynn's daily struggle
              against the hostile katra of her former intended.

              > David Mack has crafted a terrific new Trek world to enjoy. In
              addition - I LOVE the cover art and the station diagram included in
              the novel was really helpful.

              > While reading about the author in the back of the novel - I saw
              where he worked on the story treatment for the DS9 ep, "It's Only a
              Paper Moon" which was one of my favorites!!! Reesa

            • James Sorensen
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 28, 2007
                I never had the chance to see DS9 during the original 7 year run. Even as I write I am watching a 2nd Season Episode. The more I watch the more I enjoy. I'm now looking forward to reading the early DS9 novels. Quite some time ago I posted that I was reading all the Star Trek books chronalogically. I've made it to Sept. 1992, and DS9 is about to join the timeline.
                Yes I'm a little strange for not reading the current material, but I'm enjoying my decision.
                Jim

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 28, 2007
                    Kat, I'm the same way sometimes when I'm not sure what I"m in the mood to read - I'll sit in front of one of my bookcases and mull over things.? I have so many books I've not read so I'm always torn between reading something I've had a while versus something newer.? As for Jim's decision to read Trek books chronologically - I think we devout readers each have our own little quirks about our reading habits and that's one thing that makes it such fun to discuss books and stuff!! Reesa

                    --- AKINSSR@... wrote:

                    > What a great series debut!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am
                    glad I have the next two so I won't have to wait to see what happens
                    next on Vanguard.

                    > The characters are realistic and multi-dimensional and I'm
                    especially intrigued by Lt. Commander T'Prynn's daily struggle
                    against the hostile katra of her former intended.

                    > David Mack has crafted a terrific new Trek world to enjoy. In
                    addition - I LOVE the cover art and the station diagram included in
                    the novel was really helpful.

                    > While reading about the author in the back of the novel - I saw
                    where he worked on the story treatment for the DS9 ep, "It's Only a
                    Paper Moon" which was one of my favorites!!! Reesa

                  • April Payne
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 29, 2007
                      Gosh, I think the only book I've read more than once is The Lord of the Rings, starting with the Hobbit, always. Beyond that, I'm always reading something I've never read before. And I only find myself reading LOTR is once a decade since I discovered it back in high school. :-P

                      april

                      AKINSSR@... wrote:
                      Kat, I'm the same way sometimes when I'm not sure what I"m in the mood to read - I'll sit in front of one of my bookcases and mull over things.? I have so many books I've not read so I'm always torn between reading something I've had a while versus something newer.? As for Jim's decision to read Trek books chronologically - I think we devout readers each have our own little quirks about our reading habits and that's one thing that makes it such fun to discuss books and stuff!! Reesa

                      Visit Your Group

                      Star trek deep space nine
                      Star trek enterprise
                      Star trek armada