Re: [Star Trek Books] How long do you usually read in one sitting?

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 4, 2007
      I read when I can, while watching the tube, in the "reading room",eating (if I'm eating alone),in bed at night I'll sometimes read for an Hr. or so, in the morning while doing breakfast(Milk, ovaltine & coffee ice cream all blended together.). In short when ever the chance presents itself, I'll pull out a book & read. I even read if i'm alone @ the theater waiting for the movie to get underway(Going to see new Bond, James Bond movie Mon. PM as its $1 night @ my theater.).
      Don H.

      AKINSSR@... wrote:
      I usually grab the current book I'm reading whenever I have a few minutes to
      spare during the day. I work at home so sometimes the temptation is great
      to just take a long break!! I read a lot at night too before going to bed
      since I'm a night owl. I also always take a book with me when I leave the house
      cause you never know when you'll have to wait a while for something and I can
      wait a long time with no problem as long as I have something to read! Reesa

    • Dee
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 4, 2007
        any chance i get i read. i take a book with me evertime i leave the house, mealtimes (doctors say you eat more when you read but i don't as i get involved in the book and forget to eat LOL), i have to take a nap every afternoon and lots of times i miss it or cut it short as i don't want to put a book down and the same goes for bedtime. so in other words i read much more than i should but i enjoy it and there is so little else that i can do especially in the winter time. Dee

        YAHOO/AIM/AOL dragonscub1a ICQ 291581762 MSN drgnscub1@...

        Captain, USS Dragon's Cub NCC-81003, Qapla" Class, SFI Region 4

        "And if it hurt none, then let it be.......or turn your head so you don't have to watch........"

        "Thou shall not meddle in the affairs of dragons, thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

        Argue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie
        "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
      • Staci Hapdock
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 9, 2007
          I read constantly. I have a book with me at all times and I read while caught at long traffic lights, behind trains (the motto for my city is "Where rails meet rivers". It makes for some fun traffic sometimes.) I read in the lineup at the grocery store. You name it, I read during it. Sometimes it's only a sentence or two, sometimes it's hours at a time. Actually, I just got to do that. Just after Christmas, while majorly sick, I finally got my hands on Variable Star, by Spider Robinson and Robert A. Heinlein. Read the entire thing through in one shot. Incredible, incredible book. If you're a fan of either of the authors, or of the older style sci-fi, or just of sci-fi at all, read it! 2/3 of it was both the best Heinlein and the best Robinson I've ever read. The last third was so utterly incredible and shocking that it simply drop-kicked me in the side of the head. It definitely is a must-read for fans of the genre.

          Sportz Fan <asportzfan@...> wrote:
          How long do you usually read in one sitting? I find
          that it's not really worth it for me unless I can
          spend at least 30 to 45 minutes reading. I have to be
          able to immerse myself in it and it takes a little
          time.

          ASF

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com

          "We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."
          Angel, 'Deep Down' 6/1
        • Frances Coleman

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 10, 2007
              I use the tassel of my bookmarks. I make my own so they're nice and flat, and then I stick the picture part near the back of the book and can flip the tassel in and out one handed, making it easier to juggle whatever else I'm doing.

              Frances Coleman <francyco2@...> wrote:
              I do pretty much the same thing. I read whenever I get a spare moment. I use post it notes for bookmarks so I can place it right above the sentence where I am at.

              Recent Activity

              1
              New Members

              Visit Your Group