Exiles

  • royboogie
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
      Just finished reading "Exiles". Maybe it was what I was going through
      at the time or something but I found this book a tough to get into. Not
      to bore the group but I received both books in the mail on Sept. 1. On
      Sept. 2, my mom passed away. My brother and his family came up to
      attend the funeral on Sept. 12, and he passes away Sept. 11th. Yes, I
      lost my mother and brother in the span of 10 days. That may have
      contributed to why I couldn't seem to get into this book, until about
      1/2 way through...then things started to pick up. Now...I'm ready for
      the next one. Very good book. Now I am about to start "Summon The
      Thunder".
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
        Oh Roy I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your recent
        heartbreak. You have my sincere condolences.

        Jackie

      • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
          Roy, I too am sorry for your losses. Reesa

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
            Sympathies, Roy, on your losses.

            www.DeCandido.net
            kradical.livejournal.com

            "Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk."
            ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"
          • mxpalmieri
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
              My sincere condolences.

              Marco

              --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, royboogie <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > Just finished reading "Exiles". Maybe it was what I was going through
              > at the time or something but I found this book a tough to get into. Not
              > to bore the group but I received both books in the mail on Sept. 1. On
              > Sept. 2, my mom passed away. My brother and his family came up to
              > attend the funeral on Sept. 12, and he passes away Sept. 11th. Yes, I
              > lost my mother and brother in the span of 10 days. That may have
              > contributed to why I couldn't seem to get into this book, until about
              > 1/2 way through...then things started to pick up. Now...I'm ready for
              > the next one. Very good book. Now I am about to start "Summon The
              > Thunder".

            • Eric Schoneveld
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
                Ouch thats horrible :(. My sincere condolances, and I hope reading books can bring some comfort...

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
                  We'll definitely pray for you.

                  Dave

                  Jackie Bundy <msferengi@...> wrote:
                  Oh Roy I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your recent
                  heartbreak. You have my sincere condolences.

                  Jackie

                  --- royboogie <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  > Just finished reading "Exiles". Maybe it was what I
                  > was going through
                  > at the time or something but I found this book a
                  > tough to get into. Not
                  > to bore the group but I received both books in the
                  > mail on Sept. 1. On
                  > Sept. 2, my mom passed away. My brother and his
                  > family came up to
                  > attend the funeral on Sept. 12, and he passes away
                  > Sept. 11th. Yes, I
                  > lost my mother and brother in the span of 10 days.
                  > That may have
                  > contributed to why I couldn't seem to get into this
                  > book, until about
                  > 1/2 way through...then things started to pick up.
                  > Now...I'm ready for
                  > the next one. Very good book. Now I am about to
                  > start "Summon The
                  > Thunder".

                  test'; ">

                • April Payne
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
                    Roy, my deepest sympathies on your losses.

                    april

                    Jackie Bundy <msferengi@...> wrote:
                    Oh Roy I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your recent
                    heartbreak. You have my sincere condolences.

                    Jackie

                    --- royboogie <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    > Just finished reading "Exiles". Maybe it was what I
                    > was going through
                    > at the time or something but I found this book a
                    > tough to get into. Not
                    > to bore the group but I received both books in the
                    > mail on Sept. 1. On
                    > Sept. 2, my mom passed away. My brother and his
                    > family came up to
                    > attend the funeral on Sept. 12, and he passes away
                    > Sept. 11th. Yes, I
                    > lost my mother and brother in the span of 10 days.
                    > That may have
                    > contributed to why I couldn't seem to get into this
                    > book, until about
                    > 1/2 way through...then things started to pick up.
                    > Now...I'm ready for
                    > the next one. Very good book. Now I am about to
                    > start "Summon The
                    > Thunder".

                    april

                    "Consider me a fool, for I believe in something greater than myself." -- The Galactic Prophet

                  • Kathleen Morey
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
                      Roy, I am sorry as well, losses are never easy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Kathleen

                      April Payne <april_anastasia@...> wrote: Roy, my deepest sympathies on your losses.

                      april

                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
                        With deepest sympathy.
                      • Staci Hapdock
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 2, 2006
                          Roy, I understand how you feel. Years ago I lost both my grandfathers within 2 weeks, and you and your family are in my thoughts.

                          "We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."
                          Angel, 'Deep Down' 6/1

                          Message 12 of 15 , Oct 3, 2006
                            Yep, Mine too, Roy. Read Thunder & think you'll enjoy it.
                            FYI: I think Capt. Archer has joined the cast of Old Christine. At least he was in a promo ad for the show on CBS yesterday. He looked like he was in bad need of a visit to Mr. Mott's shop for a trim( or that Enterprise's shop like Mr. Mott's).
                            Don H.

                            Jackie Bundy <msferengi@...> wrote:
                            Oh Roy I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your recent
                            heartbreak. You have my sincere condolences.

                            Jackie

                            --- royboogie <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                            > Just finished reading "Exiles". Maybe it was what I
                            > was going through
                            > at the time or something but I found this book a
                            > tough to get into. Not
                            > to bore the group but I received both books in the
                            > mail on Sept. 1. On
                            > Sept. 2, my mom passed away. My brother and his
                            > family came up to
                            > attend the funeral on Sept. 12, and he passes away
                            > Sept. 11th. Yes, I
                            > lost my mother and brother in the span of 10 days.
                            > That may have
                            > contributed to why I couldn't seem to get into this
                            > book, until about
                            > 1/2 way through...then things started to pick up.
                            > Now...I'm ready for
                            > the next one. Very good book. Now I am about to
                            > start "Summon The
                            > Thunder".

                          • Kathleen Morey
                            Message 13 of 15 , Oct 3, 2006
                              Actually, I kinda liked the new 'do', but then I always thought Scott Bakula was good eye candy anyway!! Kat

                              don hallenbeck <photoman_flash@...> wrote: Yep, Mine too, Roy. Read Thunder & think you'll enjoy it.
                              FYI: I think Capt. Archer has joined the cast of Old Christine. At least he was in a promo ad for the show on CBS yesterday. He looked like he was in bad need of a visit to Mr. Mott's shop for a trim( or that Enterprise's shop like Mr. Mott's).
                              Don H.

                              Jackie Bundy <msferengi@...> wrote:
                              Oh Roy I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your recent
                              heartbreak. You have my sincere condolences.

                              Jackie

                              --- royboogie <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                              > Just finished reading "Exiles". Maybe it was what I
                              > was going through
                              > at the time or something but I found this book a
                              > tough to get into. Not
                              > to bore the group but I received both books in the
                              > mail on Sept. 1. On
                              > Sept. 2, my mom passed away. My brother and his
                              > family came up to
                              > attend the funeral on Sept. 12, and he passes away
                              > Sept. 11th. Yes, I
                              > lost my mother and brother in the span of 10 days.
                              > That may have
                              > contributed to why I couldn't seem to get into this
                              > book, until about
                              > 1/2 way through...then things started to pick up.
                              > Now...I'm ready for
                              > the next one. Very good book. Now I am about to
                              > start "Summon The
                              > Thunder".

                            • Linda
                              Message 14 of 15 , Oct 4, 2006
                                Hi Roy: I am so sorry to hear about your mother and brother both
                                passing away in such a short period of time. Take care.

                                Linda W.

                                --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, royboogie <no_reply@...> wrote:

                                > Just finished reading "Exiles". Maybe it was what I was going
                                through
                                > at the time or something but I found this book a tough to get
                                into. Not
                                > to bore the group but I received both books in the mail on Sept.
                                1. On
                                > Sept. 2, my mom passed away. My brother and his family came up to
                                > attend the funeral on Sept. 12, and he passes away Sept. 11th.
                                Yes, I
                                > lost my mother and brother in the span of 10 days. That may have
                                > contributed to why I couldn't seem to get into this book, until
                                about
                                > 1/2 way through...then things started to pick up. Now...I'm ready
                                for
                                > the next one. Very good book. Now I am about to start "Summon The
                                > Thunder".

                              • JEANIE CLARK
                                Message 15 of 15 , Oct 12, 2006
                                  Roy,
                                  I was very sorry to hear of your loss, my prayers &
                                  condolences are with you

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com