Re: [Star Trek Books] Summer Reading

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31 6:35 PM
      >Is Captain April and official
      >"cannon character" if so I would love to see a story giving him some
      >background.

      Already been done: FINAL FRONTIER and BEST DESTINY, both by Diane Carey.

      >Is there anymore coming up for Sulu and the Excel... and
      >crew?

      There's a novel in development called FORGED IN FIRE, but at this
      rate we aren't likely to see it until 2008.

      www.DeCandido.net
      kradical.livejournal.com

      "Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk."
      ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"
    • Allyn Gibson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
        On Monday, July 31, 2006, Ben wrote:

        > Is Captain April an official "canon character" if so I would love to
        > see a story giving him some background.

        April first appeared in "The Counter-Clock Incident." Keith named two
        books he appeared in--FINAL FRONTIER and BEST DESTINY. He also turned
        up in the final two issues of STAR TREK: EARLY VOYAGES from Marvel
        comics, the choose-your-own-adventure book PHASER FIGHT, and the young
        adult novel, CRISIS ON VULCAN.

        Allyn http://www.allyngibson.net/

        "Those aren't coffee stains, those are blood stains from beating my
        head on the desk."
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2006
          >April first appeared in "The Counter-Clock Incident." Keith named two
          >books he appeared in--FINAL FRONTIER and BEST DESTINY. He also turned
          >up in the final two issues of STAR TREK: EARLY VOYAGES from Marvel
          >comics, the choose-your-own-adventure book PHASER FIGHT, and the young
          >adult novel, CRISIS ON VULCAN.

          And both Allyn and I forgot one other appearance: the short story
          "Though Hell Should Bar the Way" by Greg Cox in ENTERPRISE LOGS.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
            --- Ben <benjaminhwilbur@...> wrote:

            > Possible Spoilers
            >

            > Here Goes I have read Burning Dreams, which was like
            > awesome. I read it
            > in a day, and was very enthralled.

            I too really enjoyed Burning Dreams. Have you read
            the author, Margaret Wander Bonanno's other books?