Review of "Titan: Taking Wing"

  • AKINSSR@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2005
      Taking Keith's advice I'm reading the latest novels in sequence and I just
      finished "Titan: Taking Wing" and really enjoyed it. Captain Will Riker and his
      diverse crew is all set to take his Luna class ship out to explore strange
      new worlds when he is diverted to the Neutral Zone. It seems the Romulan
      Empire is continuing to crumble with a newly established Praetor whose claim to
      power is not yet firm. Other factions are working with and against her. The
      Titan is to deliver supplies and humanitarian aid to the Romulans who are less
      than thrilled about having the Federation around.

      We also get a first look at Titan's crew filled with new species and some
      familiar ones. This allows plenty of storylines regarding how such a varied
      crew can interact and serve together and the frictions that naturally arise from
      having so many different types of beings in one place.

      I found the story to be interesting and of course you never know what to
      expect from the Romulans and their conniving! The characters are well done and
      there's also a surprise appearance from an old friend. I'm looking forward to
      seeing some of the new crew members fleshed out some more and learning more
      about them. Overall this is a nice send off for the new adventures of Riker
      and Titan!! Reesa

    • Ian McFarlane
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2005
        Titan would have actually made a pretty cool Trek movie. It's epic in
        scope and has some great action sequences as well as character
        development.

        The only challenge would have been the rendering of the diverse crew but
        hey, if they can bring Chronicles of Narnia to life. 8-)

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • mxpalmieri
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005
          Thanks for the review.