Re: [Star Trek Books] SCE News

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 7, 2005
      Jackie, Have these been collected in book form yet?
      Don H.

      Jackie Bundy <msferengi@...> wrote:
      Author/Editor Keith R.A. DeCandido made the following
      announcements about the Starfleet Corps of Engineers
      series at the TrekBBS. I've cut and pasted it here:

      "As has already been announced, Star Trek: S.C.E.
      #61-66 will be the Starfleet Corps of Engineers'
      celebration of the Trek's 40th anniversary. They will
      be six flashback stories under the general title of
      What's Past -- each story will take place in the past
      of the S.C.E. and/or its characters, and each story
      will tie into some other aspect of the Trek universe.

      What's new here is the details on the final two
      stories:

      #65: 10 is Better than 01 by Heather Jarman. We'll
      find out what 110 and 111 were doing on Bynaus before
      joining the S.C.E. -- and we'll also find out some
      more about the Bynar species, particularly how some
      Bynars reacted to the events of TNG's "11001001."

      #66: Many Splendors by Keith R.A. DeCandido. We'll
      follow the entire tenure of Sonya Gomez on the
      Enterprise-D through the late second, third, fourth,
      and early fifth seasons of TNG, including her
      relationship with Kieran Duffy.

      And don't forget the first four parts:

      #61: Progress by Terri Osborne. Captain David Gold of
      the U.S.S. Progress encounters the S.C.E. vessel the
      U.S.S. Trosper while on a mission to Drema IV -- where
      he also meets a young woman named Sarjenka.

      #62: The Future Begins by Steve Mollmann & Michael
      Schuster. Find out what Scotty's been doing in the
      24th century in the time leading up to the first
      S.C.E. story.

      #63: Echoes of Coventry by Richard C. White. A tale of
      the Dominion War with cryptographer Bart Faulwell on
      the front lines.

      #64: Distant Early Warning by Dayton Ward & Kevin
      Dilmore. The 23rd century Corps of Engineers is
      brought in to aid in the construction of Starbase 47,
      a.k.a. Vanguard.

      These stories will be published from February through
      July of 2006."

      Well I for one am excited to hear about the Bynar
      story. They are a race I'd love to learn more about
      and Heather Jarman has proven herself to be very adept
      at world building in her stories so "10 is Better than
      01" should prove to be something special.

    • infinitydogalpha
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 7, 2005
        --- David Weinell <d_weinell@y...> wrote:

        > This one is also one I am looking forward to. I am curious to see how
        > this links to David Mack's Harbinger. Though I wonder if Dayton and
        > Kevin plan on using this story as a sort of prelude to their upcoming
        > Vanguard novel.

        Let's just say that there will be definite links between the
        events of "Distant Early Warning" and those of "Summon the
        Thunder." I heartily recommend you acquire both, if you can.

        ~ David Mack
      • Marc Klein
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 7, 2005
          --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "infinitydogalpha"
          <infinitydogalpha@y...> wrote:

          > --- David Weinell <d_weinell@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > This one is also one I am looking forward to. I am curious to see
          how
          > > this links to David Mack's Harbinger. Though I wonder if Dayton and
          > > Kevin plan on using this story as a sort of prelude to their
          upcoming
          > > Vanguard novel.
          >
          > Let's just say that there will be definite links between the
          > events of "Distant Early Warning" and those of "Summon the
          > Thunder." I heartily recommend you acquire both, if you can.
          >
          > ~ David Mack

          Actually David I was the one who asked the question but thanks for
          the answer. Unfourtantly, I don't read E Books so until it gets
          collected into a collections book, I'll just read Summon Thy Thunder
          and hope for the best.
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 7, 2005
            >Jackie, Have these been collected in book form yet?

            They haven't even been published as eBooks yet. *chuckle* The printed versions of the S.C.E. stories are a couple of years behind the electronic ones.

            DeCandido.net | AlbeShiloh.com
            www.livejournal.com/users/kradical

            "Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk"
            ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"
          • daytonward@kc.rr.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 7, 2005
              <<Actually David I was the one who asked the question but thanks for
              the answer. Unfourtantly, I don't read E Books so until it gets
              collected into a collections book, I'll just read Summon Thy Thunder
              and hope for the best.>>

              Reading DISTANT EARLY WARNING isn't a requirement for (hopefully) enjoying
              SUMMON THE THUNDER. Consider it "added value" for the Vanguard storyline. :)

              Dayton
              http://www.daytonward.com

              http://mail2web.com/ .
            • Marc Klein
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 7, 2005
                --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "daytonward@k..."
                <daytonward@k...> wrote:

                > <<Actually David I was the one who asked the question but thanks for
                > the answer. Unfourtantly, I don't read E Books so until it gets
                > collected into a collections book, I'll just read Summon Thy Thunder
                > and hope for the best.>>
                >
                > Reading DISTANT EARLY WARNING isn't a requirement for (hopefully)
                enjoying
                > SUMMON THE THUNDER. Consider it "added value" for the Vanguard
                storyline. :)

                > Dayton
                > http://www.daytonward.com

                Thanks Dayton. Look forward to reading STT.