Re: [Star Trek Books] Ebook question

  • Staci Hapdock
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 6, 2005
      Thank you so much everyone!

      Geoff Trowbridge <trowbridge@...> wrote:
      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Jackie Bundy <msferengi@y...>
      wrote:

      > I do know the site fictionwise.com
      > http://www.fictionwise.com/
      > does have an alternate payment method in addition to
      > using a credit card but it's not paypal.

      Actually, FictionWise *does* accept PayPal transactions. There's an
      extra step involved--you have to send a PayPal payment to FictionWise
      first so that you have a balance on hand--but otherwise, you're good
      to go.

      http://www.fictionwise.com/help/paypal.htm

      Cheers,
      Geoff

      Fantasy science fiction Science fiction books Science fiction book club Science fiction magazine Science fiction novel Writing science fiction

      "We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."
      Angel, 'Deep Down' 6/1

    • David Weinell
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 6, 2005
        My sister runs her on line business with paypal. Plus the Star Trek xconven tion site uses paypal for on line ticket purchasing. Lots of folks use it.

        Jackie Bundy <msferengi@...> wrote:

        --- Staci Hapdock <spaci1701@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone happen to know of a Trek ebook site that
        > lets you pay with paypal? I prefer the Palm Reader
        > format, but I'll switch if I have to.

        Off the top of my head, no I don't. But that being
        said there are a lot of online retailers who sell
        eBooks and tend to stick with one site. You'll find a
        list in the links section if you'd like to visit a few
        and see.

        I do know the site fictionwise.com
        http://www.fictionwise.com/
        does have an alternate payment method in addition to
        using a credit card but it's not paypal.

        Maybe you could email paypal and ask if any online
        eBook retailers use paypal?

        Fantasy science fiction Science fiction books Science fiction book club Science fiction magazine Science fiction novel Writing science fiction

        Thanks
        David

      • Phairoh
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2005
          Phairoh wrote:
          > Paypal was created, and is owned by ebay. While some method, I'm
          > not aware of may exist, I've never noticed any non-ebay related
          > links with Paypal.

          Geoff Trowbridge wrote:
          Actually, that's not true. eBay now owns PayPal, but they didn't
          create it. It existed as an independent online payment service long
          before eBay acquired it. (I still remember when it was called
          "X.COM") And tons of online merchants use PayPal as a payment portal
          without having to use eBay to host their storefront.

          Thanks for the correction Geoff.

          Without having spent 4.2 hour of on-line research myself, to
          know this history ( :) ), I was taking someone else's word for it.
          I find what you wrote interesting. I even recall, without any
          details, that I had made 1 purchase not related to ebay through
          Paypal a long time ago.

          I suggested, I think, that she go to Paypal, and look around for
          participants.

          Dave Weinell wrote:
          <My sister runs her on line business with paypal. Plus the Star Trek
          xconven tion site uses paypal for on line ticket purchasing. Lots of
          folks use it.>

          More, and more interesting!

          PAX, :)
          Phairoh