Re: Back to Press!

  • WSL
    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 8, 2005
      I saw a recipe in back of a Trek book I was reding, the cookbook looks
      funny, might be a hoot to have. I decided against the Klingon Hamlet,
      little too loopy for me. I did get the Klingon dictionary second hand
      though.

      Oh, I don't know if anyone else made this mistake, but at the end of
      Avatar Book 2 its says the next book is THE BEGINNING. I thought that
      was the title of the book, its actually called "Rising Son" and the
      sequel to it is called "Unity". I am reading Unity now and Rising Son
      was a bit weird (a talking dog + a 5 part speicies).

      WSL
    • mxpalmieri
      Message 2 of 29 , Aug 9, 2005
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "WSL" <wsleigh2@l...>
        wrote:
        > Oh, I don't know if anyone else made this mistake, but at the
        end of
        > Avatar Book 2 its says the next book is THE BEGINNING. I
        thought that
        > was the title of the book, its actually called "Rising Son" and the
        > sequel to it is called "Unity". I am reading Unity now and Rising
        Son
        > was a bit weird (a talking dog + a 5 part speicies).

        RISING SON follows up on Jake's arc, but it's not the next book in
        the sequence. As noted on the inside back cover of AVATAR,
        BOOK TWO, the next novel is SECTION 31: ABYSS. Seven more
        books follow before RISING SON is meant to be read.

        Marco
      • April Payne
        Message 3 of 29 , Aug 9, 2005
          I found a Star Trek Cookbook in the library once years ago. It was paperback and might have been published, in fact, before TNG was around, although I'm uncertain of the publication date. I'd sure love to get my hands on that one for my own library. There were some good recipes in it, including one for Plomeek soup. Anybody know anything about it?

          april

          WSL <wsleigh2@...> wrote:
          I saw a recipe in back of a Trek book I was reding, the cookbook looks
          funny, might be a hoot to have. I decided against the Klingon Hamlet,
          little too loopy for me. I did get the Klingon dictionary second hand
          though.

          Oh, I don't know if anyone else made this mistake, but at the end of
          Avatar Book 2 its says the next book is THE BEGINNING. I thought that
          was the title of the book, its actually called "Rising Son" and the
          sequel to it is called "Unity". I am reading Unity now and Rising Son
          was a bit weird (a talking dog + a 5 part speicies).

          WSL

          Fantasy science fiction Science fiction books Science fiction book club Science fiction magazine Science fiction novel Writing science fiction

          Message 4 of 29 , Aug 9, 2005
            Re: The cookbook -

            I remember Dennis Miller taking a shot at the more recent version on his
            HBO show back when it first came out. "No doubt it contains plenty of
            recipes...for one."

            And should you think any less of DM for taking the easy poke...he's a
            self-professed Trek geek and used to sprinkle frequent references into his
            monologues/rants.

            http://mail2web.com/ .
          • WSL
            Message 5 of 29 , Aug 9, 2005
              If you are going to tell me I goofed and read the wrong book in the
              wrong order, you could at least tell me the other books to read.

              Heather
            • mxpalmieri
              Message 6 of 29 , Aug 9, 2005
                wrote:
                > If you are going to tell me I goofed and read the wrong book in
                the
                > wrong order, you could at least tell me the other books to read.
                >
                > Heather

                Sorry, I didn't want to get too complicated right away. But I'm
                happy to provide you with the a complete list of core post-TV DS9
                titles in the intended reading order:

                - Avatar, Book One
                - Avatar, Book Two
                - Section 31: Abyss
                - Gateways: Demons of Air and Darkness
                - "Horn and Ivory" (The DS9 story in Gateways: What Lay Beyond)
                - Mission: Gamma, Book One - Twilight
                - Mission: Gamma, Book Two - This Gray Spirit
                - Mission: Gamma, Book Three - Cathedral
                - Mission: Gamma, Book Four - Lesser Evil
                - The Lives of Dax
                - Rising Son
                - The Left Hand of Destiny, Book One
                - The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two
                - Unity
                - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume One
                - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Two
                - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Three

                Also important is *A Stitch in Time*, which, while not a core title,
                should be considered as relevant to the continuing storyline in
                the list above as an episode of the TV series.

                Hope this helps.

                Marco
              • mxpalmieri
                Message 7 of 29 , Aug 9, 2005
                  Forgot to mention that these are only the core titles published so
                  far. The saga continues in *Warpath,* coming out in April, 2006,
                  and in unannounced titles beyond.

                  Marco

                  --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, mxpalmieri
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "WSL"
                  <wsleigh2@l...>
                  > wrote:
                  > > If you are going to tell me I goofed and read the wrong book
                  in
                  > the
                  > > wrong order, you could at least tell me the other books to
                  read.

                  > > Heather
                  >
                  > Sorry, I didn't want to get too complicated right away. But I'm
                  > happy to provide you with the a complete list of core post-TV
                  DS9
                  > titles in the intended reading order:
                  >
                  > - Avatar, Book One
                  > - Avatar, Book Two
                  > - Section 31: Abyss
                  > - Gateways: Demons of Air and Darkness
                  > - "Horn and Ivory" (The DS9 story in Gateways: What Lay
                  Beyond)
                  > - Mission: Gamma, Book One - Twilight
                  > - Mission: Gamma, Book Two - This Gray Spirit
                  > - Mission: Gamma, Book Three - Cathedral
                  > - Mission: Gamma, Book Four - Lesser Evil
                  > - The Lives of Dax
                  > - Rising Son
                  > - The Left Hand of Destiny, Book One
                  > - The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two
                  > - Unity
                  > - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume One
                  > - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Two
                  > - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Three
                  >
                  > Also important is *A Stitch in Time*, which, while not a core
                  title,
                  > should be considered as relevant to the continuing storyline in
                  > the list above as an episode of the TV series.
                  >
                  > Hope this helps.
                  >
                  > Marco
                • Marc
                  Message 8 of 29 , Aug 9, 2005
                    Why can't I find The Star Trek Cookbook in stores? Not even Barnes and
                    Nobles have it and from what they told me, they had none on backorder.
                    Message 9 of 29 , Aug 9, 2005
                      --- Marc <Ezriel22@...> wrote:

                      > Why can't I find The Star Trek Cookbook in stores?
                      > Not even Barnes and
                      > Nobles have it and from what they told me, they had
                      > none on backorder.

                      Try having them search for it by ISBN

                      Star Trek Cookbook
                      By Ethan Phillips and William J. Birnes
                      ISBN 0-671-000022-5
                      Published January 1999

                      Jackie
                    • TomBelana@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 29 , Aug 15, 2005
                        You should try it in a online store like amozon, I buy all my star trek
                        books by amazon . Here in germany you can not find all the books, so you must
                        look in online stores, there you can find all books and sometimes second hand
                        books which are sold out.
                        Marion

                      • WSL
                        Message 11 of 29 , Aug 15, 2005
                          Oh my, did I ever goof. I managed to read (in this order) the lives of
                          dax, a stitch in time, avatar 1 and 2, rising son and unity. I at
                          least own the worlds of ds9. I guessing rewding unity may have ruined
                          the "what next?" aspect of the other books. I also didn't realize that
                          the left hand of destiny was a two parter. My bad. I just read the
                          back cover and read it, I usually don't pay attention because the trek
                          books I've read have never woven together unless by the same author
                          and in the same set like Golden's Homecoming and Spirit Walk.

                          WSL

                          wrote:
                          > --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "WSL" <wsleigh2@l...>
                          > wrote:
                          > > If you are going to tell me I goofed and read the wrong book in
                          > the
                          > > wrong order, you could at least tell me the other books to read.
                          > >
                          > > Heather
                          >
                          > Sorry, I didn't want to get too complicated right away. But I'm
                          > happy to provide you with the a complete list of core post-TV DS9
                          > titles in the intended reading order:
                          >
                          > - Avatar, Book One
                          > - Avatar, Book Two
                          > - Section 31: Abyss
                          > - Gateways: Demons of Air and Darkness
                          > - "Horn and Ivory" (The DS9 story in Gateways: What Lay Beyond)
                          > - Mission: Gamma, Book One - Twilight
                          > - Mission: Gamma, Book Two - This Gray Spirit
                          > - Mission: Gamma, Book Three - Cathedral
                          > - Mission: Gamma, Book Four - Lesser Evil
                          > - The Lives of Dax
                          > - Rising Son
                          > - The Left Hand of Destiny, Book One
                          > - The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two
                          > - Unity
                          > - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume One
                          > - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Two
                          > - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume Three
                          >
                          > Also important is *A Stitch in Time*, which, while not a core title,
                          > should be considered as relevant to the continuing storyline in
                          > the list above as an episode of the TV series.
                          >
                          > Hope this helps.
                          >
                          > Marco
                        • mxpalmieri
                          Message 12 of 29 , Sep 1, 2005
                            I'm pleased to report that TALES OF THE DOMINION WAR by
                            Greg Cox, Peter David, Keith R.A. DeCandido, Michael Jan
                            Friedman, Dave Galanter, Robert Greenberger, Heather Jarman
                            & Jeffrey Lang, David Mack, Michael A. Martin and Andy Mangels,
                            Josepha Sherman and Susan Shwartz, Dayton Ward & Kevin
                            Dilmore, and Howard Weinstein has sold out at Pocket, and is
                            going back to press for its fifth printing.

                            Congratulations to all the authors!

                            Marco
                          • mxpalmieri
                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 7, 2005
                              I'm pleased to report that the following books have sold out at
                              Pocket, and are being reprinted:

                              - Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Volume One by Una
                              McCormak (Cardassia: The Lotus Flower) and Heather Jarman
                              (Andor: Paradigm), going into it's 3rd printing

                              - Star Trek: Voyager - Spirit Walk, Book Two: Enemy of My Enemy
                              by Christie Golden, going into its 2nd printing.

                              - Tales From the Captain's Table by Peter David, Keith R.A.
                              DeCandido, Michael Jan Friedman, David R. George III, Christie
                              Golden, Heather Jarman, Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels,
                              John J. Ordover, and Louisa Swann.

                              Message 14 of 29 , Oct 7, 2005
                                One more:

                                - Star Trek: A Time To Sow by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore,
                                going into its 4th printing.

                              • daytonward@kc.rr.com
                                Message 15 of 29 , Oct 7, 2005
                                  Congrats to everyone involved (editors, too!) :)

                                  Oh, and.....

                                  <<One more:

                                  - Star Trek: A Time To Sow by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore,
                                  going into its 4th printing.>>

                                  Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

                                  Dayton
                                  http://www.daytonward.com

                                  http://mail2web.com/ .
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Oct 7, 2005
                                    --- "daytonward@..." <daytonward@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > Congrats to everyone involved (editors, too!) :)
                                    >

                                    > Oh, and.....
                                    >
                                    > <<One more:
                                    >
                                    > - Star Trek: A Time To Sow by Dayton Ward and Kevin
                                    > Dilmore,
                                    > going into its 4th printing.>>

                                    So how many of those copies were purchased by your Mom
                                    Dayton :)

                                    Congrats to all the authors and their editors.

                                    Jackie
                                  • Jim Johnson
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Oct 7, 2005
                                      >- Star Trek: A Time To Sow by Dayton Ward and Kevin Dilmore,
                                      >going into its 4th printing.>>
                                      >

                                      >Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

                                      Birdie needs more cage lining. ;)

                                      Congrats!

                                      Jim
                                    • mxpalmieri
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Oct 21, 2005
                                        I'm pleased to report that the mass-market edition of CAPTAIN'S
                                        PERIL by William Shatner and Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens,
                                        has sold out at Pocket as is going back to press for its 3rd
                                        printing.

                                        Congratulations to the authors!

                                        Marco
                                      • Kathleen Morey

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Oct 21, 2005
                                            I finished reading this book about 2 weeks ago. IMO, it wasn't the
                                            best Shatner book. Now I'm currently reading Worlds of DS9 Volume III.

                                            --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Kathleen Morey
                                            <kathleenmorey@y...> wrote:

                                            > This is the book I am reading, right now. I really am enjoying
                                            having the 2 captains of the Enterprise together, on a mission. Kat

                                            > mxpalmieri <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:I'm pleased to report
                                            that the mass-market edition of CAPTAIN'S
                                            > PERIL by William Shatner and Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens,
                                            > has sold out at Pocket as is going back to press for its 3rd
                                            > printing.
                                            >
                                            > Congratulations to the authors!
                                            >
                                            > Marco

                                            > Fantasy science fiction Science fiction books Science fiction book
                                            club Science fiction magazine Science fiction novel Writing science
                                            fiction

                                            Service.