OT: 2005 Hugo Awards Announced

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8 1:18 PM
      PRESS RELEASE #47 - 2005 Hugo Winners Announced

      GLASGOW, Sunday 7 August 2005

      The winners of the 2005 Hugo Awards were announced
      tonight at Interaction, the 2005 World Science Fiction
      Convention (Worldcon). Around 2000 people including
      many of the nominees attended this major
      event. Full voting figures for both the nominating and
      final ballots were released simultaneously and are
      available from Interaction's Web Site.
      <http://www.interaction.worldcon.org.uk/>

      Best Novel: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna
      Clarke

      Best Novella: "The Concrete Jungle" by Charles Stross

      Best Novelette: "The Faery Handbag" by Kelly Link

      Best Short Story: "Travels with My Cats" by Mike
      Resnick

      Best Related Book: The Cambridge Companion to Science
      Fiction Edited by Edward James and Farah Mendlesohn

      Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form: The Incredibles
      Written & Directed by Brad Bird

      Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: "33" -
      Battlestar Galactica
      Written by Ronald D. Moore and Directed by Michael
      Rymer.

      Best Professional Editor: Ellen Datlow

      Best Professional Artist: Jim Burns

      Best Semiprozine: Ansible
      Edited by David Langford

      Best Fanzine: Plokta
      Edited by Alison Scott, Steve Davies and Mike
      Scott

      Best Fan Writer: David Langford

      Best Fan Artist: Sue Mason

      Best Web Site: SciFiction ( www.scifi.com/scifiction
      <http://www.scifi.com/scifiction/> )
      Edited by Ellen Datlow. Craig Engler, general
      manager

      John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer (not a Hugo
      Award): Elizabeth Bear

      Special Interaction Committee Award (not a Hugo
      Award): David Pringle

      Jackie
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10 12:47 AM
        And obviously the important point here is this:

        > Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: "33" -
        > Battlestar Galactica
        > Written by Ronald D. Moore and Directed by Michael
        > Rymer.

        Ronald D. Moore did a ton of stuff for TNG, DS9 and co-wrote
        Generations and First Contact. He also wrote a grand total of 2
        Voyager episodes and it's no coincidence they are a couple of my
        favorite episodes in the entire run of the series. I happaned to be
        watching "Family" earlier today and noticed he was the writer of that.
        It's about as technical as a pair of scissors but what a great episode,
        just all character development. What a great writer.

        It's great to see Moore having success in what ever he is doing, even
        if it isn't Trek. :)