Re: [Star Trek Books] ARTICLES OF THE FEDERATION review

  • rubbersoul1978
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 2, 2005
      The other Next Gen movies had the usual ST blunders and
      inconsistencies, which I can live with. But Nemesis is just too
      contrived and ridiculous for me.

      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Ian McFarlane <mackiedoo@o...>
      wrote:
      > Yes. How silly of me. Thanks for pointing that out. ;->

      One
      > of
      > > > these days I'll finish it for kicks. Maybe I'll be pleasantly
      > > surprised
      > > > in the end.
      > > >
      > > > However, I think that Peter is doing a lot of different
      projects
      > > now
      > > > outside the trek Universe so his focus has shifted. If he puts
      > his
      > > mind
      > > > to it, he can churn out the best Trek stories one has ever
      seen.

      > > > I have absolute faith that Vanguard will be a heck of read.

      Terms
      > of
      > > > Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      > > _____
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > subject=Unsubscribe>

      of

      > _____
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      subject=Unsubscribe>

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 2, 2005
        >I'm looking forward to Vanguard, but I must say that I hope it's
        >better than New Frontier, their other set of original characters.
        >Peter David's an excellent writer, but there's just something about
        >New Frontier that doesn't resonate with me.

        Hey! What about STARGAZER, S.C.E., and I.K.S. GORKON? ("Other" set of
        original characters. Sheesh. No respect....)

        *grin*

        DeCandido.net | AlbeShiloh.com
        www.livejournal.com/~kradical

        "Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk."
        ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"
      • WSL
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2005
          If anyone hasn't read it yet, read it stoned. That'll mess you up for
          a LONG time. You won't know when the (legal, please) drug has worn
          off. If you are a good TNG fan, all it takes is page 6 to be saying,
          "What the...?"

          WSL (please enjoy Peter David books responsibly) LOL
        • rubbersoul1978
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2005
            Sorry KRAD, I didn't think of those other series, probably because I
            haven't read any of those yet.

            --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Keith R.A. DeCandido"