Will this be canon?

  • rubbersoul1978
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        I've downloaded some of the fan films before. There used to be a site
        that had several seasons of episodes, http://www.hiddenfrontier.com
        Not, uhh, great, but hey, it's fans doing something they are enjoying.
        I just checked and the site is totally down right now. I hope it's a
        temporary thing, I hate to see something that had so much effort just
        vanish. I tried doing a few web searches seeing if I could find an
        article about their demise but didn't see anything.

        I read on one of their boards that Paramount said what they were doing
        was OK as long as they had no ads on their site and didn't link to
        sites with ads, etc. Ya know, as long as they made zero cash out of
        the deal which is fair.

        Back to this article, it reminds me of the Space: 1999 movie that was
        made years after the fact. One of the writes of the show and one of
        the actresses made a 15 minute video that was shown at a convention
        where she re-capped everything that happaned after the series ended.

        Is it canon? That's just not the first question that comes to mind
        when I see something like this. I would guess no even though DC
        Fontana is involved and hers was supposedly the only episode of the
        animated series that was sanctioned as canon by Roddenberry.

        But hey, as long as it doesn't contradict any of the books, like The
        Sundered, and yeah, I know Paramount doesn't consider the books canon
        but I consider the recent books to be, then sure, why not. :)

        If you scroll down on that link you'll see links to even more ST
        related articles, a Ronald D. Moore interview about Battlestar
        Galactica and more importantly "Jake Sisko Does Rap"

        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "rubbersoul1978"
        <rubbersoul1978@y...> wrote:
        > Check this out everyone:
        >
        > http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=31110
      • April Payne
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
          That might be interesting to watch.

          rubbersoul1978 <rubbersoul1978@...> wrote:Check this out everyone:

          http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=31110

          april

          "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!"