Re: [Star Trek Books] Re: Doctor Who

  • shumphrey1@btopenworld.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 1:08 PM
      maybe the bbc just dont like throwing lots of license payers money into doing expensive shooting schedules or maybe they just want to take their time with the limited budget they have to make sure its a quality product, a lot of stuff americans throw together in 7-8 days show that in their quality, also all the outdoor stuff was done on location in busy cities where there is a need to get the streets shut off for filming

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 7:30 PM
        Similarly, there was a multi - year ban on David Caruso doing anymore TV when he broke his contract with NYPD Blue. He thought he was going to become this hot shot movie star at the time so he agreed to it. The same with Sherri Stringfield when she left ER.

        Juliet

        David Young <youngtrek@...> wrote:

        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Allyn Gibson <allyn@a...>
        wrote:
        > On Friday, April 1, 2005, Sian wrote:
        >
        > > a. The BBC should have the main actors sign a contract for 6
        years like
        > > I've heard they do with the main actors for Star Trek!
        >
        > Eccleston is under contract for a second season. He's just said he
        > won't do it. The BBC -could- force Eccleston to fulfill the terms
        of
        > his contract, but why have a leading man who doesn't want to be
        there?

        Well, television has a sort of history of it though. Pierce Brosnan
        couldn't take the James Bond role the first time it was offered to
        him because NBC held him to his contract for more "Remington Steele"
        episodes (or was it TV movie/specials that last season?). And
        Farrah Fawcett was actually taken to court by ABC for breaking her
        contract on "Charlies Angels" back in the 1970s. The result there
        was a settlement that Fawcett was released from her contract as a
        regular cast member but had to appear in several guest-appearances
        over the following seasons of the series.

        David Young
        Cleveland, GA
        * Currently Reading:
        * Just Read: Starman: A Wicked Inclination... (Robinson, Harris, Von
        Grawbadger, et al.)
        (What else? Check out my homepage,
        http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8939/index.html) :)