Time line questions and other stuff

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 6:02 PM
      Hi,

      Firstly, to the authors of Engines of Destiny, Titan, the Gorkon
      books, the post tv Voyager books, Unity, the Stargazer books, and DS9
      worlds books, THANk YOU!!....Oh yeah, U2 Dayton ;)
      I just went thru a massive reading of all of the above and my head is
      about to explode :)

      If someone would answer the following questions....
      What date(not star dates, those give me a headache) did the Dominion
      war end?
      What year did Voyager "come home"?
      What year was Sisko daughter was born?
      When did the "great bloom" appear?
      What year did the Enterprise E battle the Borg over Earth?
      What year did the Tholian planet explode?

      OK, so let me get this straight, the Founders are floating around
      because the are bummed out and Odo and his buddy are now all thats
      left of "The Dominion", Sisko is hinting at some really bad stuff
      coming soon and some Fed planets want to leave Fed....yikes!!

      If the Tholians were a great empire, where the heck are all their
      starships?? Where is any of thier vaunted military??

      One last thing.....Are TNG and Voyager are on the same time line and
      how behind is DS9?

      Thanks for reading, I needed to get this stuff out of my head!!

      Kim
    • mxpalmieri
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31 8:56 PM
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimazus@y...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Firstly, to the authors of Engines of Destiny, Titan, the Gorkon
        > books, the post tv Voyager books, Unity, the Stargazer books, and DS9
        > worlds books, THANk YOU!!....Oh yeah, U2 Dayton ;)
        > I just went thru a massive reading of all of the above and my head is
        > about to explode :)

        Thanks for reading. :)

        > If someone would answer the following questions....
        > What date(not star dates, those give me a headache) did the Dominion
        > war end?

        End of 2375.

        > What year did Voyager "come home"?

        End of 2377.

        > What year was Sisko daughter was born?

        September, 2376.

        > When did the "great bloom" appear?

        During Star Trek: Nemesis, in late 2379.

        > What year did the Enterprise E battle the Borg over Earth?

        2373.

        > What year did the Tholian planet explode?

        I'm not aware that it did. :) Where is this referenced?

        > One last thing.....Are TNG and Voyager are on the same time line and
        > how behind is DS9?

        TNG is at the start of 2380
        VGR is in the middle of 2378
        DS9 is at the start of 2377

        Marco
      • De Baisch
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31 9:04 PM
          --- mxpalmieri <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > TNG is at the start of 2380
          > VGR is in the middle of 2378
          > DS9 is at the start of 2377

          I knew I should have waited for you to answer, Marco
          :-) That's what I get for trying to be helpful when
          sleep-deprived.

          Ack,

          De

          Retroactive Continuity - http://retcon.blogspot.com

          When DVDs Attack... - http://dvdattack.blogspot.com

          "Hands in the air, not in the nose."

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31 9:35 PM
            >What date(not star dates, those give me a headache) did the Dominion
            >war end?

            End of 2375.

            >What year did Voyager "come home"?

            Beginning of 2378.

            >What year was Sisko daughter was born?
            >When did the "great bloom" appear?

            Both in 2376.

            >What year did the Enterprise E battle the Borg over Earth?

            Which time? "The Best of Both Worlds" was at the cusp of the 2366/2367
            switchover. FIRST CONTACT was in 2373.

            >What year did the Tholian planet explode?

            The Tholian planet never exploded. Are you referring to the Thallonians?
            That happened in 2373.

            >One last thing.....Are TNG and Voyager are on the same time line and
            >how behind is DS9?

            DS9 is at the end of 2376 as of WORLDS OF DS9 Vol. 3. The TNG: A TIME TO...
            miniseries took place from late 2378 to late 2379, and the post-NEMESIS
            novels will go from late 2379 into 2380. Post-finale VOYAGER is in mid-2378.

            DeCandido.net | AlbeShiloh.com
            www.livejournal.com/~kradical

            "Y'know, you blow up one sun, and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on
            water."
            ---Lt. Col. Samantha Carter, "Reckoning Part 2," STARGATE SG1
          • djs0013
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
              What about Titan (also 2380?) and NF? Heck, what about Vanguard,
              for that matter. I can never keep the years straight.

              --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, De Baisch <julianbaischir@y...>

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
                --- TomBelana@... wrote:
                > Voyager was finished in 2378 because it took her 7
                > years to come home

                You need to count 2371 as the first year. Counting
                seven years from 2371 (as stated in "Eye of the
                Needle"), you'll get to 2377 for Voyager's "Endgame."

                http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250