Book review question

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi fellow readers!

      Where are the best sites for ST book reviews?
      I really like reading what others thought about a book.
      Most of the sites I've found are a few years behind in reviews.
      Yes I am one of those that reads ST books as they come out (right now
      working on Engines of Destiny and just finished the three Worlds of
      Star Trek Deep Space Nine books.
      Thanks in advance
      Kim
    • Daniel Berry
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimazus@y...> wrote:

        > Where are the best sites for ST book reviews?

        http://BookTrek.tk (*g*)
        http://www.TrekNation.com
        http://www.wigglefish.com
        http://www.TrekWeb.com

        -- Daniel.
      • b_rice31@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
          The best place to go for reviews is The Book Padd
          (http://www.treknation.com/reviews/books), with excellent reviews by
          Jacqueline Bundy, the moderator of this very group!

          --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "Kim" <kimazus@y...> wrote:

          > Hi fellow readers!
          >
          > Where are the best sites for ST book reviews?
          > I really like reading what others thought about a book.
          > Most of the sites I've found are a few years behind in reviews.
          > Yes I am one of those that reads ST books as they come out (right
          now
          > working on Engines of Destiny and just finished the three Worlds
          of
          > Star Trek Deep Space Nine books.
          > Thanks in advance
          > Kim
        • David Fernau, N7AAO
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
            Wonder how many brownie points Jackie is gonna award
            for that one! :D

            http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005

              > --- b_rice31@... wrote:
              >

              > > The best place to go for reviews is The Book Padd
              > > (http://www.treknation.com/reviews/books), with
              > > excellent reviews by
              > > Jacqueline Bundy, the moderator of this very
              > group!

              Well I don't know about the excellent part but I'd
              like to think they are at least an honest reflection
              of what I thought of the book and why.

              I've had a lot of people write and complain that I
              don't put enough spoilers in the reviews but I go out
              of way not to. On the other hand others write that
              they never worry that my reviews will spoil a book and
              they like that. Different strokes and all that ;)

              I try to post the links to any trek book reviews that
              appear on other trek news sites as well as my own. In
              addition to the links Daniel provided the TrekBBS Trek
              Literature forum at TrekNation usually has reviews
              from readers who frequent that board.

              Hope all that helps,