Re: [Star Trek Books] OT: ENTERPRISE

  • royboogie
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 3, 2004
      Even Spock called the Challenge "flawlessly logical" (i think thats
      right). I loved the advice he gave to Stang (?)...you may find, that
      having, is not so pleasing a thing, as wanting. A lesson to all of
      the over-zealous young men looking for love. If you can't find a nice
      obedient Orion slave girl, or a ferengi woman to keep home naked, ask
      Reginald Barclay how to program your own holo-simulation.

      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, April Payne
      <april_anastasia@y...> wrote:
      > I love how they referred to the ceremony as turning into a fiasco.
      It was labeled Kunat Kalifee (translated means Marriage or Challenge)
      so wherein was the fiasco? T'Pring desired not to be the consort of
      a legend but she could only break off her betrothal to Spock (do your
      research into some of our very own cultures here on Earth and you
      will learn that in some cases betrothal is taken very seriously and
      to break it off a divorce is required) she had to Challenge him. So,
      she did. The only twist to it, (perhaps why it was described as a
      fiasco) was in whom she picked as her Champion. I won't add any more
      spoilers, for those who've yet to see this award-winning
      episode, "Amok Time".

      > april
      >
      > Dierna Raph's Girl Soul <dierna_soul@y...> wrote:
      > <snip>
      > In 2267, T'Pau officiated over Spock's wedding
      > ceremony that turned into a fiasco. She later saved
      > Captain Kirk's career by telling Starfleet she
      > requested his visit to Vulcan. (TOS)<snip>

    • April Payne

        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 4, 2004
          --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, royboogie <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:

          > Even Spock called the Challenge "flawlessly logical" (i think
          thats
          > right). I loved the advice he gave to Stang (?)...you may find,
          that
          > having, is not so pleasing a thing, as wanting. A lesson to all of
          > the over-zealous young men looking for love. If you can't find a
          nice
          > obedient Orion slave girl, or a ferengi woman to keep home naked,
          ask
          > Reginald Barclay how to program your own holo-simulation.

          Whoa! Wouldn't touch that one with the proverbial ten foot Klingon
          pain stick, buddy.

          Good luck. Nice knowing ya.

          (waiting for the inevitable backlash...ladies?)

          ***********
          David Young
          Cleveland, GA
          * Currently Reading:
          * Just Read: JLA/Avengers: The Collector's Edition
          (What else? Check out my homepage,
          http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8939/index.html) :)
        • Staci Hapdock
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 4, 2004

            wrote:
            > A lesson to all of
            > the over-zealous young men looking for love. If you can't find a
            nice
            > obedient Orion slave girl, or a ferengi woman to keep home naked,
            ask
            > Reginald Barclay how to program your own holo-simulation.

            Whoa! Wouldn't touch that one with the proverbial ten foot Klingon
            pain stick, buddy.

            Good luck. Nice knowing ya.

            (waiting for the inevitable backlash...ladies?)

            If he needs that level of compliance in a girlfriend, I'd say he desereves pity for his lack of social skills rather than scorn. ;)

            "We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."
            Angel, 'Deep Down' 6/1