RE: [Star Trek Books] Volume Two of Worlds of DS9 rescheduled

    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 2, 2004
      >Query: Does that mean that Volume 3 is still going to be coming out in
      >Feb 2005? ;->

      Yes.

      Keith R.A. DeCandido
      Albé-Shiloh Inc.
      keith@...
      DeCandido.net | AlbeShiloh.com

      "I was asked about STAR TREK writer Keith DeCandido, and what I think of
      the fact that CINESCAPE referred to him as 'the second coming of Peter
      David.' Second coming? I didn't even know I'd left. I respond that I prefer
      to think of myself as 'the first coming of Keith DeCandido,' which I admit
      sounds vaguely pornographic, but what can you do?"
      ---Peter David, "But I Digress...," COMICS BUYER'S GUIDE, 28 May 2004
    • mxpalmieri
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 3, 2004
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Allyn Gibson
        <allyn@a...> wrote:
        > On Wednesday, June 2, 2004 David wrote:
        >
        > > Marco... what if we said we'd give you $100 on a certain day,
        > > and then came to you and said, we want to push it back two
        > > months. Would that be a big change to you?
        >
        > Shoot, you'd think WORLDS 2 had Crack bound into the
        binding glue or
        > something. ;)

        Not to self: Have binder switch back to normal glue. Allyn's on to
        us.

        Marco
      • Staci Hapdock
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 3, 2004
          Hey, you should laugh at us. Some of us are actually addicted to these things, you know???

          <allyn@a...> wrote:
          > On Wednesday, June 2, 2004 David wrote:
          >
          > > Marco... what if we said we'd give you $100 on a certain day,
          > > and then came to you and said, we want to push it back two
          > > months. Would that be a big change to you?
          >
          > Shoot, you'd think WORLDS 2 had Crack bound into the
          binding glue or
          > something. ;)

          Not to self: Have binder switch back to normal glue. Allyn's on to
          us.

          Marco

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 3, 2004
            In a message dated 6/3/2004 1:43:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, spaci1701@... writes:

            > Hey, you should laugh at us.

            The implication being that we don't already...........

            ;)

            Dayton
            http://www.daytonward.com
          • David Fernau
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 3, 2004
              Yep, laugh all the way to the bank, I bet. :)

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 4, 2004
                --- Allyn Gibson <allyn@...> wrote:

                > One last thing. The dead-tree WILDFIRE is coming
                > out earlier than
                > previously anticipated. That, my friends, is a
                > -great- thing. (Along
                > with Keith's WAR STORIES, which is great stuff.)

                That is indeed a -great- thing. Once you read
                "Wildfire" any disappointment over a slight delay in
                DS9 will go right out the window.

                Jackie
              • David Fernau
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 4, 2004
                  I beg to differ, Jackie... I read Wildfire a long time ago. I am still disappointed that Worlds is going to be delayed. :p

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 4, 2004
                    In a message dated 6/4/2004 11:27:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, davidf1966@... writes:

                    <<I beg to differ, Jackie... I read Wildfire a long time ago. I am still disappointed that Worlds is going to be delayed. :p>>

                    And if it could have been avoided, I'm sure it would have. That's why schedules are always listed as tentative and subject to change vs. locked in stone...to allow for unforseen circumstances that might creep up and affect a particular project.

                    Look on the bright side...you'll have a chance to catch up with something that might otherwise have been left on the "to be read" pile :)

                    Dayton
                    http://www.daytonward.com
                  • David Fernau
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 4, 2004
                      Hmmm... I don't think I have anything by Dayton Ward on that pile, tho... are you sure you want me to work on it? ;)

                      dwardkc@... wrote:Look on the bright side...you'll have a chance to catch up with something that might otherwise have been left on the "to be read" pile :)

                      Dayton
                      http://www.daytonward.com