Trek YAB's

  • Phairoh
    Message 1 of 10 , May 6, 2004
      I just finished reading my first YAB (young adult book), TNG Starfleet
      Academy #1 "Worf's First Adventure", w/Peter David, 119pp.
      It was a pleasant experience and, just fun! I'm going to be slipping
      these volumes in between my regular readings of Trek for an occasional
      hoot.
      This first book, was not juvenile, which I was half expecting it to
      be. To my surprise, it wasn't very different than any other short Trek
      story.
      If you like to read Trek, I suggest you digest these books (if you can
      find them).

      I checked at the Psi Phi site and, I couldn't find them listed. It
      took me about 6 months, 3 years ago, to purchase most of them.
      So, for those of you interested in these YAB's, I can supply the info.
      I have, including ISBN's.

      If you know of, or have, a definitive list, please let me know, so I
      can compare.

      There are 4 sets, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY

      I have-
      3 numbered for TOS
      14 numbered, 5 episodes, 2 movies for TNG
      11 numbered and 2 episodes for DS9
      3 numbered for VOY

      Total books I have listed to exist is 40.

      Books were published by Minstrel/Pocket/Simon & Schuster.

      Phairoh
      Message 2 of 10 , May 6, 2004
        Those books are not widely available up here in Maine. Wal-Mart doesn't carry them nor does B. Dalton Books. Borders bookstore might. I don't think a lot of Libraries carry them either as they either don't have the budget for them or don't see the interest in them @their library. Here at my library it's very unusual for a middle or high school student to use the Public Library except if they are doing a paper of some sort & can't get the material from their school library. Here once a kid enters middle school, the next time the Public Library sees them is when they start to bring their small kids to the library for Storytime & they might check out a book or 2 for themselves when their checking out books for their kids.
        That's my $1.50 for what its worth.
        The Flash

        Phairoh <phairoh@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 10 , May 6, 2004
          --- Phairoh <phairoh@...> wrote:
          > I just finished reading my first YAB (young adult
          > book), TNG Starfleet
          > Academy #1 "Worf's First Adventure", w/Peter David,
          > 119pp.
          > It was a pleasant experience and, just fun!

          We have all of them, my kids loved them and bought
          them all. I've only read a few myself, the Peter
          David one's because of the New Frontier tie-in and the
          TOS ones. I should add those to the groups book
          database.

          Jackie
        • Phairoh
          Message 4 of 10 , May 7, 2004
            I hope so, Jackie! The Psi Phi site should do it too.
            Is my list complete? If not, let me know, please, please.

          • msferengi@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 10 , May 7, 2004
              --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Phairoh <phairoh@e...> wrote:
              > I hope so, Jackie! The Psi Phi site should do it too.
              > Is my list complete? If not, let me know, please, please.
              >
              > On May 6, 2004, at 10:20 AM, Jackie Bundy wrote:
              > "... I should add those to the groups book
              > database."

              "There are 4 sets, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY

              I have-
              3 numbered for TOS
              14 numbered, 5 episodes, 2 movies for TNG
              11 numbered and 2 episodes for DS9
              3 numbered for VOY

              Total books I have listed to exist is 40."

              I only know of 12 number DS9, which 2 episodes did they do YA
              novelizations of? Why don't you email me the list you have offlist
              at msferengi@... and we can compare.

              Thanks,
              Jackie
            • youngtrek@alltel.net
              Message 6 of 10 , May 7, 2004
                --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, msferengi@y... wrote:
                > --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Phairoh <phairoh@e...> wrote:
                > "There are 4 sets, TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY
                >
                > I have-
                > 3 numbered for TOS
                > 14 numbered, 5 episodes, 2 movies for TNG
                > 11 numbered and 2 episodes for DS9
                > 3 numbered for VOY
                >
                > Total books I have listed to exist is 40."
                >
                > I only know of 12 number DS9, which 2 episodes did they do YA
                > novelizations of? Why don't you email me the list you have offlist
                > at msferengi@y... and we can compare.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Jackie

                I also have twelve DS9 YA books in my collection and do not know of
                any YA DS9 novelizations. I wonder if he's thinking of TRIALS AND
                TRIBBLE-ATIONS? That was a rather short novelization, so he might
                have confused it for a YA book. All of the other novelizations
                (EMISSARY, THE SEARCH, THE WAY OF THE WARRIOR, FAR BEYOND THE STARS,
                and WHAT YOU LEAVE BEHIND) however, were large enough that I doubt
                anyone'd confuse them for YA. (Although, now that I think about it,
                FAR BEYOND was a bit small too, wasn't it?)

                And I also show the following in my collection: "Star Trek: Starfleet
                Academy" (YA), three books; "Star Trek: TNG: Starfleet Academy" (YA),
                fourteen, and "Star Trek: Voyager: Starfleet Academy" (YA), three.
                (I didn't get the ST:TNG YA movie novelizations.)

                ***********
                David Young
                Cleveland, GA
                * Just Read: Knight Rider Legacy: Unofficial Guide to the Knight
                Rider Universe
                * Currently Reading: Spider-Man Confidential ... The Purpose Driven
                Life
              • Tracy Stegers
                Message 7 of 10 , May 10, 2004
                  Hey,

                  Yes, I would like the list with ISBN numbers. I have the 3 Voyager books, and when I had come across them I was very excited to hear that there were other Voyager books. :D I did have a list at one point, but I dont anymore. I can't even recall where I had found it at.

                  Tracy

                  aka
                  Jadzia Jaxx

                  CR: Voyager's The Nanotech War
                  NR: New Frontier Gateways Cold Wars (6 of 7)

                  The Sky is not the limit, nor are the stars.

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 11, 2004
                    Hi Tracy,

                    msfereng (Jackie) has received a (corrected) list from me, and hasn't
                    gotten back to me yet. I suspect she's looking into the matter.
                    Jackie's intending to put this info. up at the group site when it's
                    clear.
                    Jackie, is case your looking in, this list is another correction.
                    Here's what I have... so far. I have all these books except DS9 #11

                    On May 10, 2004, at 8:08 AM, Tracy Stegers wrote:
                    Hey,
                    Yes, I would like the list with ISBN numbers. I have the 3 Voyager
                    books, and when I had come across them I was very excited to hear that
                    there were other Voyager books. :D I did have a list at one point, but
                    I dont anymore. I can't even recall where I had found it at.

                    YDS9 001 The Star Ghost- Strickland 0671879995
                    YDS9 002 Stowaways- Strickland 0671880004
                    YDS9 003 Prisoners of Peace- Peel 0671882880
                    YDS9 004 The Pet- Gilden/Pederson 0671883526
                    YDS9 005 Arcade- Gallagher 0671896784
                    YDS9 006 Field Trip- Peel 0671882872
                    YDS9 007 Gypsy World- Pederson 0671511157
                    YDS9 008 Highest Score- Antiles 0671899368
                    YDS9 009 Cardassian Imps- Gilden 0671511165
                    YDS9 010 Space Camp- Pederson 0671007300
                    YDS9 011 Day of Honor: Honor Bound- Gallagher ISBN unknown
                    YDS9 012 Trapped in Time- Pederson 0671014404

                    YTNG Insurrection/MOTION PICTURE- Vornholt 0671021079
                    YTNG 001 Worf's First Adventure- David 067187084X
                    YTNG 002 Line of Fire- David 0671870858
                    YTNG 003 Survival- David 067187086
                    YTNG 004 Capture the Flag- Vornholt 0671879987
                    YTNG 005 Atlantis Station- Mitchell 0671884492
                    YTNG 006 Mystery of the Missing Crew- Friedman 0671501089
                    YTNG 007 Secret of the Lizard People- Friedman 0671501097
                    YTNG 008 Starfall- Strickland 067151010X
                    YTNG 009 Nova Command- Strickland 0671510096
                    YTNG 010 Loyalties- Barnes-Svarney 0671552805
                    YTNG 011 Crossfire- Vornholt 0671553054
                    YTNG 012 Breakaway- Weiss 0671002260
                    YTNG 013 Haunted Spaceship- Ferguson 0671014323
                    YTNG 014 Deceptions- Weiss 0671017233

                    YTOS 001 Crisis On Vulcan- Stricklan 0671000780
                    YTOS 002 Aftershock- Vornholt 0671000799
                    YTOS 003 Cadet Kirk- Carey 0671000772

                    YVOY 001 Lifeline- Weiss 0671008455
                    YVOY 002 The Chance Factor- Gallagher/Burke 0671007327
                    YVOY 003 Quarantine- Barnes-Svarney 0671007335
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 11, 2004
                      --- Phairoh <phairoh@...> wrote:
                      > Hi Tracy,
                      >
                      > msfereng (Jackie) has received a (corrected) list
                      > from me, and hasn't
                      > gotten back to me yet. I suspect she's looking into
                      > the matter.
                      > Jackie's intending to put this info. up at the
                      > group site when it's
                      > clear.

                      Thanks got it--I'll be adding the YA books to the
                      database when I get a little time.

                      Jackie
                    • Tracy Stegers
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 12, 2004