OT: Battlestar Galactica novels question

  • youngtrek@alltel.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      Ok, I don't buy these right now, but I like to keep notes about
      what's available in case I decide to go back and get them.

      Richard Hatch's "rebirth" series of "Battlestar Galactica" novels
      seems to go as follows:

      #1) ARMAGEDDON (hb 08/1997, pb 09/1998)
      #2) WARHAWK (hb 09/1998 [pb ???])
      #3) RESURRECTION (hb 07/2001, pb 05/2003)
      #4) REBELLION (hb 07/2002, pb 10/2004)
      #5) PARADIS (hb 07/2003, pb 11/2004)

      I *think* that's correct. It's confusing sorting through the info on
      this series at Amazon and other sites.

      If it *is* correct, can someone explain to me why there apparently is
      not a paperback edition of book two (WARHAWK) while there is for the
      other books (or will be later this year for books four and five)?

      (I hate mixing formats nowadays. I prefer to get a series all in
      paperback, so I probably won't get *any* of these until I can get
      *all* of them in paperback. I guess I could get #1 (ARMAGEDDON) in
      paperback to try the series out and then wait and see if a WARHAWK
      paperback materializes.)

      Also, is anyone reading these? If so, what is your opinion of the
      series? And does anyone know if the Hatch book series will continue
      now that SCI-FI's television revival is going to series or will it be
      dropped so as not to confuse people with two different revival
      versions being out there?

      ***********
      David Young
      Cleveland, GA
      * Just Read: Knight Rider Legacy: Unofficial Guide to the Knight
      Rider Universe
      * Currently Reading: Spider-Man Confidential ... The Purpose Driven
      Life
    • youngtrek@alltel.net
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2004
        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, youngtrek@a... wrote:

        > Richard Hatch's "rebirth" series of "Battlestar Galactica" novels
        > seems to go as follows:
        >
        > #1) ARMAGEDDON (hb 08/1997, pb 09/1998)
        > #2) WARHAWK (hb 09/1998 [pb ???])
        > #3) RESURRECTION (hb 07/2001, pb 05/2003)
        > #4) REBELLION (hb 07/2002, pb 10/2004)
        > #5) PARADIS (hb 07/2003, pb 11/2004)
        >
        > I *think* that's correct. It's confusing sorting through the info
        on
        > this series at Amazon and other sites.

        Correction/addendum:

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2004
          >If it *is* correct, can someone explain to me why there apparently is
          >not a paperback edition of book two (WARHAWK) while there is for the
          >other books (or will be later this year for books four and five)?

          The reasons for WARHAWK never getting a paperback have to do with
          complicated rights issues involving the transfer of the license from the
          publically held (and now defunct) Byron Preiss Multimedia Company to the
          privately owned iBooks Inc. The WARHAWK paperback was caught in the
          financial disaster area that BPMC became (I, as an editor for BPMC, though
          not of those books, lived through that nightmare).

          >Also, is anyone reading these? If so, what is your opinion of the
          >series? And does anyone know if the Hatch book series will continue
          >now that SCI-FI's television revival is going to series or will it be
          >dropped so as not to confuse people with two different revival
          >versions being out there?

          These novels Hatch is cowriting is a separate license from the new Sci-Fi
          series.

          Keith R.A. DeCandido
          Albé-Shiloh Inc.
          keith@...
          DeCandido.net | AlbeShiloh.com

          "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve
          immortality through not dying."
          ---Woody Allen