Re: SCE--Tev

  • kvaadk
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1 5:13 AM
      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Allyn Gibson <allyn@a...> wrote:

      > On Friday, April 30, 2004 Kevin wrote:
      >
      > > In his Directives To The Writers (and I risk painful death even
      > > mentioning this tome exists)
      >
      > You bounder! You cheat! I reread the whole series (at least, up
      > through WILDFIRE) when writing RING! :p

      Okay, I made that part up. I write *fiction*, y'know?

      Actually, I read the whole series, too, and still spelled half the
      characters' names and most of the technobabble wrong at least once in
      the draft I sent Keith. This was due to the fact that I can not spell
      at all and my wife does my final spell check. (As you can imagine,
      Trek writing is full of words the spell-checker can't parse.)
      Valerie, being a non-Trekkie, didn't know how to spell the
      names/technobabble either, and just assumed I knew what I was doing.
      (Always dangerous.) I have now added the correct spellings of names
      and technobabble found in the ST:Ency. to my spell-checker.

      In one case, however, I excuse myself: For nearly forty years I've
      known a Sonja Gomez. In all my reading of SCE, I never even noticed
      that the leader of the SCE team spelled "Sonya" with a "y". Someone
      should get her to fix that.

      -- KeVin
    • Allyn Gibson
      Message 2 of 18 , May 1 5:17 AM
        On Saturday, May 01, 2004 Kevin wrote:

        > Okay, I made that part up. I write *fiction*, y'know?

        Just picking on you, Kevin. (It's been one of those weeks.) No harm
        meant. :)

        Allyn http://www.allyngibson.net
        AIM: mknzycalhn ICQ: 4342396

        What's problematic to me is not that the President is staggeringly
        dim-witted, but that the press knows he's staggeringly dim-witted
        and everyone just pretends that he's not. It's like the Presidency
        has become the Special Olympics and everyone wants to give him an
        award just for trying.
        -- Huey, "The Boondocks," 28 April 2004