Re: [Star Trek Books] Bad Choice

  • Sylva Dax
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2004
      I guess the Vulcan's Heart I've read more than once is a different book. I'm not saying the book is perfect because it certainly isn't, but boring? I don't ever recall feeling bored while reading the story. Some of the author's choices may have frustrated me at times but not enough to ruin what I found to be an enjoyable story that I wouldn't mind seeing expanded upon.

      I'm reading Unity now and I can sincerely say that I've found the first 100 pages less than stimulating. I hope the story picks up after the long wait for this hardcover (yuk) conclusion(?) to the Avatar story arc.

      Sylva Dax
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2004
        I thought Unity was dreadfully boring the first 100 some pages as well. But awhile after that the action starts and it makes it all worth it!!! Just keep at it and I'm sure when you finish the book you won't be dissapointed.
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Sylva Dax
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 8, 2004
          The first 100 pages are now forgotten and forgiven. I loved the rest of Unity! Once the story picked up I couldn't put it down.

          I'm reading Stone and Anvil now. What a fun ride it is!

          Sylva Dax