Re: [Star Trek Books] Bad Choice

  • Staci Hapdock
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2004
      Weird - I loved both of those books, especially Vulcan's Heart.

      April Payne <april_anastasia@...> wrote:
      Admiral, I haven't read Crossover, but I was bitterly disappointed with Vulcan's Heart, so much so I never even finished it. I should have known, since I wasn't overly impressed with Vulcan's Forge, but I had so wanted to read the story of Spock taking a wife at last. We weren't even really invited to the betrothal ceremony, not really! The authors kept us at a more than discreet distance from the happenings! I was angry! This was just a run of the mill mission story, of which I grow bored!

      April

      "Admiral.Hopkins" <admiral.hopkins@...> wrote:
      Hi All
      After reading 'Crossover' I got a copy of Vulcan's Heart' from a charity
      shop. And after only a couple of chapters it almost reads the same - Spock
      in trouble others go to rescue. -
      John H
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/advertising-n-spotlighting
      www.certacito.net
      MSN:- glasshousejohn@...
      YM:- nhojsnikpoh

    • Sylva Dax
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2004
        I guess the Vulcan's Heart I've read more than once is a different book. I'm not saying the book is perfect because it certainly isn't, but boring? I don't ever recall feeling bored while reading the story. Some of the author's choices may have frustrated me at times but not enough to ruin what I found to be an enjoyable story that I wouldn't mind seeing expanded upon.

        I'm reading Unity now and I can sincerely say that I've found the first 100 pages less than stimulating. I hope the story picks up after the long wait for this hardcover (yuk) conclusion(?) to the Avatar story arc.

        Sylva Dax

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2004
          I thought Unity was dreadfully boring the first 100 some pages as well. But awhile after that the action starts and it makes it all worth it!!! Just keep at it and I'm sure when you finish the book you won't be dissapointed.
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Sylva Dax
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2004
            The first 100 pages are now forgotten and forgiven. I loved the rest of Unity! Once the story picked up I couldn't put it down.

            I'm reading Stone and Anvil now. What a fun ride it is!

            Sylva Dax