Re: [Star Trek Books] Re: What are you reading?

  • Aromatase
    Message 1 of 153 , Nov 30, 2003
      I just got finished reading the first New Frontiers book and I'm
      hooked. I'm getting the next 3 books to decide if I want to read all
      of them.

      I like it much better than the New Earth series. I'd read the New
      Earth Gateways book and enjoyed it, but I went back and read the first
      one and it was awful. They played up the 19th century pioneer analogy
      too much, I could not believe 23rd century people behaving and
      thinking like 400 years ago (for them). Not to mention the plot
      encompassing every cliche of bad westerns.

      What are our learned men save the descendants of witches and hermits
      who crouched in caves and in woods brewing herbs, interrogating
      shrew-mice and writing down the language of the stars?
      Virginia Woolf

      Message 153 of 153 , Mar 11, 2004
        Only 1 local station carries it & that's at like midnight/1AM on Sun. Provided its not preempted for an Infomercial that pays the Station $$$$$ to run it as a percent of sales from the stations broadcast area. Like tonight, both of Maine's ABC stations are showing Dr. Billly Graham tonight in prime time @ 8PM ET.

        Got to run. Have a good day.
        The Flash

        Judy <intergalacticbookworm@...> wrote:
        See if you have a local station that airs Andromeda. It is on both
        local WGN, Chicago and Supestation WGN cable/satellite. Judy

        --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, don hallenbeck
        <photoman_flash@y...> wrote:
        > I started to get into that show before I had to have my cable
        taken out(too many credits. $50US for aprox 55 Chs. a month). Don't
        see it now as its on late night (After Midnight) on a cable
        station. Maybe if Martha Stewarts show gets canned, they'll shuffle
        the line up & put it on at a decent hour instead of an infomerical
        (N. B. that's all PAX tv shows @ 4pm ET is Infomericals).
        > The Flash
        >
        > "Keith R.A. DeCandido" <krad@i...> wrote:
        >
        > >I'm currently reading Keith's "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda" book,
        > >DESTRUCTION OF ILLUSIONS. So far it has been very enjoyable. As
        > >always, Keith has a real knack for nailing each character's
        > >dialogue. I can just imagine the actors who play Tyr, Harper,
        Beka
        > >Valentine, etc. saying his lines as I'm reading them.
        >
        > Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!
        >

        > Keith R.A. DeCandido
        > keith@d...
        > DeCandido.net | AlbeShiloh.com | KRADfanclub.com
        >
        > "You shall rue this day. Well, go on -- start ruing!"
        > ---Stewie, "Mind Over Murder," FAMILY GUY
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        > Click Here

        Service.