Re: The Return of Hugh.....

  • Judy
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2003
      Hi Jay-
      What book is SNWII? Thanks in Advance, Judy

      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, "admiralriker_jay"
      <admiralriker_jay@y...> wrote:
      > Hey guys....
      > I just finished reading the Voyager stories from SNWII and have to
      > say that I really enjoyed the return of Hugh in "Seventh Heaven".
      The
      > story is set in mid to late 2374 and puts forth the idea that
      > sometime after "Descent" Hugh and some of the Borg with him left
      the
      > Alpha Quadrant to return to the Delta Quad. I can't remember the
      > exact date, but I believe that there was DC comic story that was
      set
      > in 2371 that also featured the return of the Borg who rejected the
      > collective and followed Hugh. Anyway neat way to bring back a
      long
      > lost character.
      >
      > Jason
      >
      > P.S. It has been awhile since I read "The Return" or "Avenger",
      > didn't Hugh make a brief appearence in one of those books too?
      Did
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2003
        --- Judy <intergalacticbookworm@...> wrote:
        > Hi Jay-
        > What book is SNWII? Thanks in Advance, Judy

        SNW--Strange New Worlds, Volume II

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2003
          wrote:
          > P.S. It has been awhile since I read "The Return"
          > or "Avenger",
          > didn't Hugh make a brief appearence in one of those
          > books too?

          "The Return"

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
        • Allyn Gibson
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2003
            On Tuesday, November 4, 2003 Jackie wrote:

            > --- admiralriker_jay <admiralriker_jay@...>
            > wrote:
            >> P.S. It has been awhile since I read "The Return"
            >> or "Avenger", didn't Hugh make a brief appearence
            >> in one of those books too?

            > "The Return"

            Oh, Jackie, I hate to disagree with you, but I have to.

            Hugh appeared in AVENGER, not THE RETURN. We discover in AVENGER that
            when Kirk pulled the lever on the Borg Homeworld that he wasn't killed
            (as we thought), but was instead deposited in a giant Borg trashbin.
            There he meets Hugh and his "clan" of freed Borg drones, who cure him
            of the Borg nanoprobes.

            Hugh also returned in a DC Comics story towards the end of their TNG
            run, "The War of Madness," circa issue 75.

            Allyn http://www.allyngibson.net
            AIM: mknzycalhn ICQ: 4342396

            Last Wednesday, director George Lucas recovered from a three-year-
            long drunken bender to discover that "Star Wars, Episode I: The
            Phantom Menace" "really blows." "He was in tears," said Lucasfilm
            producer Rick McCallum. "He kept asking, 'How did this happen?'"
            Working with Lucasfilm insiders, The Daily Probe has pieced
            together the answer: the production was doomed by Lucas's slurred,
            drunken speech. For example, the peculiar name "Qui Gonn Jinn" came
            from a ghostwriter's attempt to make sense of Lucas's repeated
            demands of "Need more gin."
            -- "Now-Sober Lucas Realizes 'Episode I' Sucks"
            The Daily Probe, March 1, 2001
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2003
              --- Allyn Gibson <allyn@...> wrote:
              > On Tuesday, November 4, 2003 Jackie wrote:
              >
              > > --- admiralriker_jay <admiralriker_jay@...>
              > > wrote:
              > >> P.S. It has been awhile since I read "The
              > Return"
              > >> or "Avenger", didn't Hugh make a brief appearence
              > >> in one of those books too?
              >
              > > "The Return"
              >
              > Oh, Jackie, I hate to disagree with you, but I have
              > to.
              >
              > Hugh appeared in AVENGER, not THE RETURN.

              I bow to the master-- Got my Shatnerverse mixed up :)

              http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree