Delays in Peter David books?

  • Ian McFarlane
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 7, 2003
      Anyone know what the scoop is with "Stone & Anvil" and "No Limits" ?

      Looks like they missed their release date of October 1st!

    • Allyn Gibson
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 7, 2003
        On Tuesday, October 07, 2003 Ian wrote:

        > Anyone know what the scoop is with "Stone & Anvil" and "No Limits" ?

        > Looks like they missed their release date of October 1st!

        It's a rare book that has a release date. STONE AND ANVIL and NO
        LIMITS are both listed as October books, which means there's a six
        week window (from mid-September to the end of October) when the two
        books will begin to trickle into bookstores.

        Historically, I've noticed that the hardcovers tend to arrive earlier
        than the trade paperback releases, and the mass-markets release before
        both.

        Patience, young Padawan!

        Allyn http://www.allyngibson.net/
        AIM: mknzycalhn ICQ: 4342396

        For a second nothing seemed to be happening on the stage. Then a
        peculiar grinding, wheezing sound began to fill the air. On the
        platform there slowly faded into existence a tall blue rectangular
        structure with doors in it, and a flashing white light on top, and
        what appeared to be the Anglish words POLICE PUBLIC CALL BOX
        blazoned on the front panel above the doors. There was a pause,
        during which the noise and the flashing lights both stopped. Then
        one of the box's doors opened. To Jim's mild astonishment, a
        hominid, quite Terran-looking, peered out and gazed around him with
        great interest; a curly-haired person in a burgundy jacket, with a
        floppy hat, a striped scarf of truly excessive length, and sharp
        bright eyes above a dazzling smile, ingenuous as a child's. "I beg
        your pardon," the man said merrily in a British-accented voice,
        apparently looking right at Jim, "but is this Heathrow?"
        -- Diane Duane, "Star Trek: My Enemy, My Ally"
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 7, 2003
          "Stone and Anvil" is in stores in some areas, my
          sister happily informed me that she got a copy where
          she lives, I haven't checked the local stores here
          yet. Both are out as eBooks. "No Limits" is a trade
          paperback and they usually come out a bit later in the
          month.

          Jackie
          --- Ian McFarlane <mackiedoo@...> wrote:
          > Anyone know what the scoop is with "Stone & Anvil"
          > and "No Limits" ?
          >
          > Looks like they missed their release date of October
          > 1st!

          http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • Rich Gonzalez
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2003
            Ian said:

            >Anyone know what the scoop is with "Stone & Anvil" and "No Limits" ?

            >Looks like they missed their release date of October 1st!

            Amazon isn't shipping either of these yet. I wish they'd get around to it,
            as its holding up my order which also includes 'Gods Above' and 'The Art of
            the Impossible'.

            On a happier note, my DS9 Season 5 *did* ship today. :)

            Rich

            http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/35zrlB/TM
          • Staci Hapdock
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 7, 2003
              I know the feeling. I'm still desperately waiing for my local store to get in either of the NF books, TAOTI, or even Prophecy and Change. Plus my library still claims to have not gotten the new Spider Robinson book that was published in June. I'm going nuts here waiting.

              Rich Gonzalez <rgonzale6@...> wrote:
              Ian said:

              >Anyone know what the scoop is with "Stone & Anvil" and "No Limits" ?

              >Looks like they missed their release date of October 1st!

              Amazon isn't shipping either of these yet. I wish they'd get around to it,
              as its holding up my order which also includes 'Gods Above' and 'The Art of
              the Impossible'.

              On a happier note, my DS9 Season 5 *did* ship today. :)

              Rich

              http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/35zrlB/TM

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor